7.0??

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by cezmail, Oct 11, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Well as we enter a new month I thought I might try to ask a question that has me wondering.

Any news if/when 7.0 may be released?

Not trying to stir a hornets nest, just was wondering.

Thanks for any clues. :)

2. emo_ome

emo_ome Butcher Of Hommlet

Hmm, Gaear may answer that question for you, though all I can say is that we're still in progress with the beta testing. Maybe after we finish the testing? :shrug:

3. chano

chano Established Member

I have read the posts in the beta testing and they are not yet in Verbobonc so there is some NC testing left to do and then for Gaear to fix the bugs.
    So my guess is that is it a few more weeks at least.

4. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Thanks guys. i knew of the Beta thread and I have purposely avoided reading it so not to be spoiled. Your clues and hints give me some idea that it will be later rather than sooner for a 7.0 release.

I am cool with it, as I am replaying Baldur's Gate 2 I got from GoG. :D

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

As chano points out, we haven't yet started testing the nuts and bolts of what we really set out to test, plus I've been very busy with non-ToEE stuff lately, so it's going to be later rather than sooner.

The basic difference between now and the 5.x series of releases is that for the 5.xes we set release dates far in advance with manageable goals (the very reason for multiple releases) and pretty much released when the time came no matter what. Now we've gone to a "when it's done" approach, which may seem less effective but will probably be more rewarding for players as there will be major additions in NC.

The reason we switched to "when it's done" is that the objective has changed from fix-and-position-for-expansion to implement-expansion-and-finish-up. It will be this way for v7, where we add the last major load of modern NC, and the presumed v8, where we basically polish shine the whole thing.

6. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Understood Gaear and I appreciate you cluing us in on the NON scheduled release. I shall wait patiently, even if I may tap my toes now and then. :)

7. Gaear

8. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

The link says "No thread specified".

9. Gaear

Wacky ... should work now.

Our Host!