6.0.0 NC and Windows 7 64bit

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by JRC, Apr 13, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. JRC

JRC Member

Hello all,

Right, after figuring out that I needed to run the game as administrator, ToEE gets to the main menu but ceases to work. Running my cursor across the bottom of the screen reveals the Windows 7 taskbar, but the blue ToEE cursor remains stationary and eventually the game freezes (see attached jpeg).

At first I thought this was down to resolution (Native Screen res 1920 x 1080) but I've since tried all of them to no avail. Intro movies make no difference.

Changing native and game res to 1280 x 720 seemed to yield positive results, but the game froze within 5 seconds.

Particulars;

Windows 7 64 bit Service Pack 1
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 2.66ghz / 2.67ghz
    4 GB Ram
    Nvidia GeForce 460 1024mb Gfx card
    Plenty of HDD Space

Patched to official ToEE 2 first, then 6.0.0 NC.

:cry:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

-JRC

Attached Files:

2. JRC

JRC Member

I have possibly solved this;

Ran the game with zero "Options" checked in TFE-X launch screen (Max HP etc) Changed native res to in-game res (1280 x 720) and success!

Exited and rechecked options, and success once again! Resolutions with width higher than 1280 yield the same error.

Solution; settle for 1280 x 720 and run the game first time with no custom options!

Will repost in a while in case there are any further in-game ramifications.

-JRC

[EDIT] What's the likelyhood of support for 1600 x 900 in future builds?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

We can't mod in resolution support, unfortunately, so if it doesn't work now it likely never will.

You can check this thread to see supported resolutions, or just choose from those offered in the front end, but: you have to verify that your monitor supports the resolution as well. We can't do that for you.

I've never heard of the other TFE-X options being problematic (they shouldn't be), so not sure what's going on there. Glad you got it working anyway.

4. JRC

JRC Member

That's a shame, but I'm more than happy to have to live with the minor inconvenience of changing my resolution every now and then!

As a follow-up the game runs flawlessly, so I would say if you are running Windows 7 64-Bit and a true widescreen monitor, ensure both resolutions (Native and in-game) are identical, and are true widescreen (16:9 ratio)

Thanks guys!

5. Gaear

Quick question: when you boot the game now, does it say 'Co8 modpack' on the splash screen, and do you start in the shopmap? I'm a bit suspicious about the front-end options problem thing.

6. JRC

JRC Member

It's definately The Circle of 8 Modpack; just finished Welkwood Bog. I would agree with you though, the options are so unlikely to have an affect on graphics... I've also put my res back to 1920 x 1080, run 6.0.0 anyway and it's been fine.

Odd.

7. Gaear

Really? That resolution's not supposed to be supported. You may find later on that on some maps your characters disappear, leaving only empty blue circles behind. Please let us know if not - it would be nice to add that res to the supported list.

8. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit with a 40 inch monitor that has a native resolution of 1920 by 1080 and I also run the game at 1280 by 720.

It runs great, but I have unused screen on both sides.

I've just gotten used to it. ;)

9. JRC

JRC Member

I'm sorry, it was late in the day and I didn't clarify that;

I left my native resolution as 1920 x 1080 and the in game as 1280 x 720. Previously this caused a problem in that I would need to change the native resolution to the in-game resolution, but now it seems to have just... worked out on it's own? So odd.

Our Host!