511 magic missiles problem

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by the_AZ, Jul 26, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. the_AZ

the_AZ Member

Hi,
    I installed patch 2 and Livonya's Beta 1.5.1 Mod, and now my charters can cast 511 magic missiles. Reed somewhere that it is a common bug, but I couldn't find any solutions. Please help..

AZ

2. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I can cast 300+ magic missiles and then the game hangs

Symptom: your magic-user can cast more than the normal amount of magic missiles (typically 311 or 511). Attempting to cast this many crashes the game.

Solution: Reinstall moebius.dll (assuming that you installed it in the first place). Make sure you put the files in the correct places.

- Zebedee

3. AZ_

AZ_ Member

First, thanks for the reply. I don't know about moebius.dll. I only installed the new temple.dll, but it was part of Liv's mod. I ran forum search, but but did not find anything about this dll.

I found my old reg :)
    AZ

4. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

This refers to the temple.dll modified by moebius. The stuff has to be put into the correct folders. It's definetly around here somewhere...

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Have a look in your folder

Program Files\Atari\Temple of Elemental Evil\data\rules\spells

Is there a 'magic missile.txt' in there? If not, I tihnk that is the problem. Search around for it, you have it installed somewhere. :)

6. Green Knight

Green Knight Member

Where do I go to reinstall moebius.dll? I've searched these forums and can't find an actual link to download from.

7. Lord_Spike

Everyone ought to be using co8 4.0 by now. :shame: These problems have been solved in this release; It's so easy to use, even I am able to do it; and my lack of computer saavy is well documented in these forums!

:no:

PS...Still loving it. Found the lotus, cured Amii, and only got my ass handed to me a few times so far by things like traps (doh!) and smarter opponents...!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2005
  8. Green Knight

Green Knight Member

I ownly downloaded this thing like 2 days ago. Was there a newer release that came out in the past 24 hours?

Speaking of which, where's that Swamp Lotus? I've looked high and low and can't find the stupid thing (Even ransacked Imeryds Run looking for it).

9. Lord_Spike

The 4.0 mod includes the fix for this problem, which iirc, was either a typo in the spell, or a temple.dll thing. This mod has the latest temple.dll & the typo was repaired long ago, so I don't think it's incorrect of me to say it's corrected now. My wiz only gets one missile, which is correct for her level.

Lotus spoiler below:

It's not in Imeryd's Run. It's in a random encounter that you have in a swampy location. It uses the Icon for Hemlock, if you've seen that before. If not, check out Black Jay's fields to see it. Looks something like a small bouqet of flowers. If you didn't get it when you had a random encounter, then you've missed it. I suppose you could have avoided the encounter altogether...? The appearance of the lotus was fine tuned by Cerulean the Blue, and is included in 4.0 as well.

Good Luck!

Our Host!