511 Magic Missiles at 1st level?

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by pippetta, Aug 31, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. pippetta

pippetta Member

Hallo everybody!

It has been a while since i played Tooe... yesterday i downloaded the lastest patch, installed it and started the game...

I'm expiriencing an "old fashon" problem:
    My when my 1st level Wiz casts "magic Missile" the missiles counter that should show "1" ('cos at 1st level u should have only 1 missile) shows 511!!
    if i try to hit space, ending the wiz turn, but this blocked the game.

I remember haveing this problem some years ago, but i do not remember the solution... so i searched the forum, but i found no answer... any idea?

2. Strutinan

Strutinan Member

I just pulled my copy of ToEE out of mothballs, installed it with the latest Co8 patch...and I am having the same problem.

Which is funny since it was the Co8 4.whatever patch years ago that FIXED that problem for me!

So I too would like to know how to fix it ;)

3. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

If you have the Co8 mod installed and active, this problem is usually caused by having the incorrect no-cd crack installed. If you have a no-cd, make sure it is the Atari Patch 2 version, which is 33kb installed. The Patch 1 version (which can cause this problem) is about 1.6mb in size.

If you don't have a no-cd, you probably are playing the vanilla Atari ToEE through the Front End. Make sure you activated the Co8 mod and waited the looonng time until the popup box tells you the activation was successful.

Our Host!