5.6.1 Point Buy Play-Through

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Kalshane, Nov 14, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Smarf

Smarf Member

My pb team (inspired by this thread!) steamrolled most of the game once it got started, but had a hiccup at the Balor.

The lack of will saves on anything but your cleric absolutely wrecks you, especially when your entire team draws attack opportunities because they're busy running in fear. Even stacking mass owl wisdom/remove fear/spell resistance/bless/prayer (aka everything that I could think of to boost saves) didn't help, and trying to calm emotions crippled my healing.

I ended up having to cheese the fight by running away for 10 rounds while the fear ticked down :p

2. Thurstrum

Thurstrum Member

Well, years after having bought the game I finally finished it thanks to the work and bug fixing of the community here. My no crafting pb party really did seem rather overpowered for the game for the most part. None of the temple priests or mages did anything other than get exploded by my rogue archer and 2h barb within a round and I really only had to reload either due to bugs or a few battles from lazy scouting/unfamiliarity with some monsters and their abilities.

Our Host!