5.5 Mod DH question

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Emirkol the Chaotic, Nov 26, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

I understand that the DH material will be a separate add-on for the newest mod pack.

Just curious if the DH is getting a complete overhaul/re-work and when we fans of DH can expect it to be made avaialble.

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

To my knowledge there is no DH overhaul in the works. Not sure when the add-on pack will be available.

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Does it need an overhaul? Isn't it fabulously perfect as it is? :nervous:

Seriously, does it have issues that need fixing?

4. Taldaas

Taldaas Member

I ran into what I imagine is an uncommon issue with it today.

I waited until I had Paida and Mandy to do the rest of it since you can't finish it until you get them anway. However, the problem I ran into is that my PCs in my party were all women. Due to this, the madam of the establishment in Nulb would not offer me any time to spend with Mary. It might be nice to include a work around for all female parties.

5. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

If you pay, can't you talk to any girl? Hey, Ted, what kind of whorehouse are you running anyway? Too bad you can't have the non-indentured girls get angry (and/or violent) if, after patronizing one, you go talk to another. There are unwritten rules of conduct, you know!

6. Shiningted

Yeah, I guess thats a fair call - if you're into bestiality I guess gender issues are old hat. Meh :shrug: I'll do something about it.

7. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

No, no, no, sorry for any confusion.

It has no issues that I know of that needs fixing. I've enjoyed it thoroughly every time I played it. I just mentioned "overhaul" as old posts seemed to hint that you weren't completely thrilled with the mod. With it being released later I thought you were tinkering with it, personally.

8. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

It's been my (indirect) experience that most prostitutes, male or female, are professionally indifferent to gender issues, whether they want to be or not. Prostitutes are MADE, not born. I understand this isn't true everywhere.

On another note, if you are uncomfortable with certain aspects of DH in Nulb, you can edit the dialog to give the curette another use. After all, they are passing it around. Maybe making potions of "love".

Under no circumstances alter the Curry Leaf. It's rare for me to play a game without "rescuing" her over and over.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2008
  9. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Professionally indifferent would be accurate, but ironically many female strippers are at least cosmetically homosexual in their personal lives - presumably because they're so put off by the constant antics/groping/general idiocy of male patrons that they're driven toward those that understand their contempt: other women.

It's not like we don't have enough hot lesbo action in ToEE already, but that might be an interesting angle to pursue for the Nulb whores.

(There's already Jenelda, of course, but I never found her convincing for the exact reasons stated above. If she were genuinely lesbain, the likelihood that she would want to engage in routine random sex acts with other women would be remote, unless she were just a sex fanatic. More likely that she would do her 'job' and have sex with men, hate them, and maintain her real relationships with other women.)

10. Basil the Timid

Ah, I suppose no one is taking my possessiveness of non-indentured working girls. It might be amusing to see the dynamic duo team up against the dominatrix. Perhaps I have been to Bangkok too many times.

11. Basil the Timid

I noticed that Orion's mod is available for TFE-X. Morpheus wrote that Desperate Housewives is part of its build. Would that conflict with current 5.5.0?

12. GuardianAngel82

If you view Jenelda as new to prostitution, she's kind of believable. She hasn't been "broken" yet. After a while, she will do anything with anyone, pending financial negotiations.

I'd like to think the prevailing homosexuality in prostitutes is because it makes things easier, as they are already indifferent to the opposite sex. It's the romantic in me. Unfortunately, a lot of them are just drug addicts or other severely degraded people.

The only reason prostitutes are possessive around here is financial. It WOULD make a good story, though.

I haven't had any problems with Orion's mod in TFE-X. It needs work though.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2008
  13. Shiningted

Basil, please... :no: 5.5 is the latest, ergo any and all earlier mods, if installed over the top, will conflict and cause problems. Absolute, positive, 100% guarantee of problems.

And for the record 0rion hated DH and wanted to remove it, but ended up stealing or altering various parts of it for his 'vision'.

14. Basil the Timid

But Gaear made Orion's compatible a few days ago. Did you not get the memo? Vick's and Wedge's is also compatible.

15. GuardianAngel82

I'm keeping the old Toffee mods in a 5.0.6/TFE-X installation, separate from my 5.5.0 installation. I haven't tried Sitra's mod in TFE-X yet, though.

Our Host!