5.02 problems

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Black John, Oct 27, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Black John

Black John Member

I created a new set of PCs; but when I hit begin adventuring I get dropped to the desktop and I get the dreaded windows error reporting option. Is a new install required?

2. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

need more info, are you using the portrait packs, did you change to the play file before trying to start a new game?

3. Black John

Black John Member

No to both questions. Does it matter if I have the modules clicked or not? I am not certain what the play file is, or where to find it?

4. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

If you aren't using the Portrait Packs you won't have a Play File, so it doesn't matter whether or not you can find it.

If you are using Front End, you need to select the module (Co8 5.0.0) in Front End.

You didn't mention it, but you did install 5.0.0, right? You need it to use 5.0.2. 5.0.2 is a patch for 5.0.0.

5. Black John

Black John Member

So you have to use the portrait pack for the module to operate? Yes I installed 5.0, and it works very nicely. Many thanks for the heads up.

6. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

No, you don't have to use the Portrait Packs. But you do need to use either 5.0.1 or 5.0.2.

Our Host!