5.0.x Cumulative Mods & Fixes (CMF) Bug Reports and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by HobbesMG, Jul 16, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Re: 5.0.1 mods and fixes bug reports

Aye. I'm just pulling ruf's leg a bit ;) The spawn just needs moving a bit to avoid the issue.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2006
  2. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

hmmm ill have to try that thanks.

3. haywood

haywood Member

"I've never been able to click on a door and get an option to pick locks. I've always had to right click on the door with my Rogue selected and then choose Pick Locks from the Radial Menu."

I've NEVER been able to pick any locked door, even after choosing Pick Lock from the menu. Apparently, the only way is to open doors is to cast Knock.

4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Hi all:

You don't get the option to pick locks unless you have at least one skill point spent in open locks, either at creation or level up.

5. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

yeah but we are talking about thiefs with high pick lock skills that arent getting the chance to pick locks on doors. like i told Allyx with everything figured in, including a spell, mine had an open locks of 24 so there is no lock he shouldnt be able to pick. there is a bug in the game with the locked doors.

6. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I can pick the lock just fine with a open lock score of 14 (actually a 13 should do it - the DC for the door in Verbobonc is 33).

7. LCJr

LCJr Member

Maybe not a bug per se but in general there seems to be a shortage of polearms.

Alyx's shopmap has one each Ranseur, Glaive, Long Spear and a Spiked Chain(I know not a polearm but same reach).

Brother Smythe sells the Long Spear, Ranseur, Spiked Chain and that's it IIRC. Once his masterwork items are available a Masterwork Guisarme, Glaive, Long Spear and Ranseur. Also with the Masterwork items a plain Halberd show up. I've yet to see a Masterwork Halberd in Smythe's, Otis's or Ah Fong's shops.

Re: Getting diseased at the Welcome Wench I thought it was a bug at first too but I believe it was from being wounded by the Ghouls in the moathouse.

8. Enilno

Enilno Quicksword

I may have encountered a bug with Shenshock. I am running Co8 5.0.0 with the latest cumulative pataches (03-AUG-2006). With a party of four (alignment TN), I cleared out Hedrack and his minions, all the fungi/trolls/giants/ettins/bugbears/ogres/exotic concubines, and had recruited Paida and Kella. Went to Shenshock's room -- Shenshock wasn't the, but everyone else was (elementals, bugbears, two quasits and the two commanders (Deggum & ?)). I wiped them out and rested roughly 24 hours -- some ettins showed, but no Shenshock. I took Paida home, dismissed Kella and returned to the temple. I found Shenshock near the archway between Hedrack's area and the fungi. He buffed himself but didn't go hostile until I walked right next to him and tried to click on him (thought he might want to talk). He was dead before he had a chance to act.

[A side note on Kella: I wanted to give her a try since this was the first time she ever talked to me. I don't like her feat selection, though -- it would be nice if Kella could craft wondrous items (and with her being level 9, you'd have to take her up to 12th level to get her next feat selection). Why does she need MWP: Scimitar -- shouldn't that be automatic?]

@LCJr -- BTW, I noticed a Masterwork Halberd and a Masterwork Trident in Brother Smyth's inventory yesterday (party level was 11 or so -- not sure if they were there earlier).

Last edited: Aug 4, 2006
  9. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

House in Nulb

I doubt this is a 5.0.0 bug, but I've been hit with a rather crippling problem with the house in Nulb. After having recruited Furnok, I went to Nulb and, while inside the house, asked him not to sell his equipment (Liv's fix). Now, whenever I re-enter the house, I get massive Orion-style slowdowns and the mysterious disappearance of my entire party - save for one empty blue circle on the floor.

I suspect that the blue circle may belong to Furnok, and my use of the Liv fix, which IIRC involved surreptitiously killing the NPC and bringing him back to life, may have caused Furnok's ghost to occupy the spot where his living counterpart is supposed to be.

I've no idea if that theory's just a bunch of mumbo jumbo or not, but I'm curious as to why this happens in the Nulb house and nowhere else. Regardless, it leaves me with no place to stay there but the Hostel or the whorehouse. :(

I suppose using the Liv fix in the Nulb house should be avoided.

10. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

that is wierd Gaear never ran across that one before, but right now with the way things are set do you even need to tell them that. we have pretty much total control over them and ive havnt seen any sell anything or try to take anything either.

11. Gaear

Yeah LG, the Drifter fix gives you total control, but I wanted to play through with Liv's version. She seemed to feel that Drifter's fix was a bit too heavy handed. Liv's fix works quite well for the most part, and it preserves some autonomy for the NPCs.

Despite the fact that people love Drifter's fix, there's never really been consensus on how NPCs should be handled. Thus the option in Toffee.

12. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Re: House in Nulb

I know which one I'll be checking first to find you, then...

13. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Bertram's house? :pirate:

Personally I don't use Humble NPCs either, I think Liv's stuff does the job, but as I said at the time, I'm glad the option is there.

14. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

well the humble npc doesnt change what they do or say after they join does it? and i dont think it made fruella very humble at all lol.

15. Gaear

Here's a goofy one:

Moathouse respawn, fighting crystal ooze down the main stairs, PC gets hit, becomes paralyzed, becomes poisoned with carrion crawler brain juice, and has ability damaged as follows:

Code:
    Ability damaged: Error! Missing line 159 in mes/spells_radial_menu_options.mes
    No stats in red.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!