5.0.x Cumulative Mods & Fixes (CMF) Bug Reports and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by HobbesMG, Jul 16, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

You want just one cmf, presumably the latest, which is 5.0.6. It just got updated, so you'll have to do a few things to get it functional. Remember, it's a beta.

If I you want is to get your game going relatively bug free, just use the 5.0.0 download. It
    doesn't have all the latest content, but it is less work.

2. Atiras Buat

Atiras Buat Member

Thank you!

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

It was a valid question, but I will just add that the 'C' is for 'Cumulative' :)

4. Sergio Morozov

Sergio Morozov Paladin

I had the issue ( reported earlier by GuardianAngel82 ) with Marauder Armor causing crash when equipped. It appeared because I installed new CMF 5.0.6 build on top of previous 5.0.6 (but in full accordance to install instructions). This also made various robes with new icons (except blue wizard robe) to cause crash on equipping.

Uninstalling CoE Mod Pack, installing 5.0.0 and new 5.0.6 helps.

Maybe it is worth adding to installation instructions that updating from 5.0.0 may be better than updating from 5.0.6.

I also wanted to ask about weapons:
    1. Why is kukri an exotic weapon? According to d20srd it is a martial weapon.
    2. Where is light pick? There is a proficiency, but where is the weapon itself?
    3. Are there any plans for correcting improper damage / size of monster weapons (Ettin clubs, Hill Giant clubs and hammers.)
    4. Are not Great Mace and Greathammer unbalanced?
    5. Why is not spear 1d8 /x3 but 1d8 /x2 ?

Here goes explanation on monster weapons.

HILL GIANTS
    So, let us take Hill Giants. They are Large Giants. So, they should wield Large weapons.
    In d20srd they wield Large Greatclubs 2d8 /x2 (two-handed for them).
    In ToEE they wield one-handed Greatclubs 2d6 /x2 (one-handed).
    If they want to use one-handed weapons, they should wield Large Clubs 1d8 /x2 or Greatclubs 1d10 /x2 (one-handed).

Hill Giant Hammer in ToEE is 2d8 /x3 (one handed for hill giants).
    Should be Large Warhammer 2d6 /x3 (one handed for them) or Huge Warhammer 3d6 /x3 (Two-handed for giants).
    OR it can be considered Large Maul 2d8 /x3 (Two-Handed for Giants). But there is no "Maul" weapon in d20 srd.

OGRES
    Ogres in ToEE wield Large Greatclubs 2d6 /x2 (Two-handed for them). Should be 2d8.

ETTINS
    Ettins in d20srd wield Large Morningstars 2d6 /x2.
    Ettins in ToEE wield [Medium] Greatclubs 2d6 /x2.
    Should be either Large Morningstars 2d6 /x2 or [Medium] Great Clubs 1d10 /x2.

GREAT MACE & HAMMER
    Why is not Great Mace actually Large Heavy Mace 2d6 /x2 ?
    Why is not Great Hammer actually Large Warhammer 2d6 /x3 ?

OVERSIZED WEAPON
    I presumed that -2 attack penalties for using weapon of size different from the user's are hard to implement, and so every creature/character has Oversized Weapon special ability. (And Undersized Weapon Special Ability too, he-he-he.)

All these questions were inspired by this table from d20 srd:

Table: Tiny and Large Weapon Damage - See for yourself in Equipment part.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/srd35

Anyway, those are minor thingies...

[By asking these questions I also wanted to report that mentioned weapons characteristics differ from official rules. That is all.]

[EDIT] So I changed protos myself. They are here. If it is prohibited to attach them here... Well I did not want to be bad.

[EDIT AGAIN] Removed attachment so that it would not confuse anyone and take space.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  5. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

Restarted my game with the HB map patch.

I'm going to presume it's working due to the fact that when I got the Orc quest from the town elder, the map location was marked "Cave Lair".

Am I on the right path (patch, he! he!) now?

6. GuardianAngel82

I still think it's funny that Nevets sent newbies to HB...Dire Bear...Half Orc Commander...Dire Minotaur...

Turns out Nevets secretly provides entertainment and fresh meat to the (presently unidentified) orc faction.

7. nyarlathotep

nyarlathotep Merry Murder Maniac

So...will this post be included in the "how to patch up?" tutorial, or are we bound to keep backtracking to this page. Because it did work for me- for the moment at least. Only one problem, there is no sound at all...

Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
  8. chano

chano Established Member

Hi guys,

I am having problems quite early with the latest CMF, i am playing NE and when killing the spiders in deklo grove i picked a fight with the drow and managed to kill him.
    Problem is that when trying to loot the game crashes.
    I tried a workaround by leaving and resting a then coming back to see if it is a specific item that mess it up but it does not matter what item i pick, as soon as a try to view the character that has the loot the game crashes.

9. Shiningted

Then he has a dodgy item in his pack somewhere. not to mention you shouldn't be able to kill him ;)

I will try to fix those tonight at some time.

10. chano

chano Established Member

He is using his hand crossbow which makes it very easy to win, every attack he makes gives my fighter a free attack and his attack is not really that damaging.
    So please let him use a sword of some sort instead.

11. Lightsfantastic

Lightsfantastic Member

Missing Description

When leveling up Meleny I decided to start giving her levels as a Cleric of Beory. Missing description for Good or Evil Turning or maybe spontaneous casting.

[​IMG]

As an aside, give her the Sun and Plant domains and she has some serious Turning ability. Rebuke Plants and Greater Turning. I alternate between Druid and Cleric levels, so she advances a little slowly, but come level 8 (4 in each) watch out.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  12. Shiningted

I'm on it.

EDIT: Ok, fixed it. Also, fixed that thing with the Drow in the Deklo Grove: trurns out the problem was his hand crossbow. That thing is just broken (no idea why atm, proto looks fine) and trying to console it crashes the game instantly when you open an inventory to look at it. I have simply removed it, so now he lays in with his +2 longsword (which he has all the feats for anyway). This should also fix one of the Drow in the Gnarley Woods who is built off the same prototype and I noticed when testing recently was also just standing around like an idiot.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  13. Shiningted

O yeah, forgot to mention - get the fixes in the CMF Submissions thread ;)

14. GuardianAngel82

HooHa! I'm forming a NE party and heading for the Deklo Grove right away...Ow! Where's my head!

15. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

Dude, I mentioned about both Drow soooo long ago!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!