5.0.x Cumulative Mods & Fixes (CMF) Bug Reports and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by HobbesMG, Jul 16, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

We probably couldn't do that. You'd have to switch modules from within a module, which I would think is prohibitive. That said, you could make custom portals for each module. e.g., a KotB logo-looking thing for KotB. The green selection circle will always be round though.

2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Thanks, Ted,

At least I know I'm not a complete tard. (maybe someday) I checked it in the old 5.0.6 and it was there. Then I overlayed that with the new 5.0.6 (not 5.0.7?) and it was gone.

The warning from the unpack (I don't do "extract to" unless it's to something disposable) telling me the Hickory Branch file was broken ended up being a completely black, but otherwise functional map. The orcs look good.

I shall keep screwing with it until I have an idea wether it's a bad file or a bad download. Now doing download number 3.

3. GuardianAngel82

Before you forget Gaear...your work is GORGEOUS! THANK YOU VERY MUCH! We just want it all NOW. 'Tis greed, not rejection of your work that drives us. :hug:

NO LIE! :love:

4. Gaear

Thank you. :)

5. GuardianAngel82

Still no love on the HB map. I can get there and fight the lovely new orcs, etc., but I'm on a black map and to navigate by clicking until I get a blue circle. Everything else seems to work.

This is with 5 downloads. I've only gotten the HB file is broken message twice in 7 extractions. Each time I deleted the unpacked file and re-extracted with no message. (hence 7) yes, I am cleaning the game cache before each start.

Has anyone else made it to HB yet? (See Kentor Nevets)

6. Hugh Manetee

Hugh Manetee Established Member

So basically I just apply the patch as per usual and everything portrait and voice wise takes care of itself.
    Sorry if this seems a bit dim.

7. Gaear

Okay, I verified this (Kenter sends you to the Cave Lair btw, not HB) and I know what's wrong. Just need to do the voodoo thing with WB until it gets a set of map coordinates ToEE likes. Odd though, because it worked before in testing, but what else is new? :roll: Stay tuned for a fix when I get a chance, and thanks for reporting. :thumbsup:

[edit] Okay I figgered it out - wasn't what I thought. See the CMF submissions thread for the fix.

That's correct. Do not try to switch out a portrait pack with ToEEFE or anything like that. Just let it happen. :)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  8. GuardianAngel82

Actually, the pitch-black map kind of works as the inside of a cave. I didn't even recognise that I was on the old map at all until I had my second encounter, with the group on the south edge that includes the ogre.

For a major revision of this level, this partial launch is remarkably trouble-free. A LOT of preparation must have gone into it and it shows. I've worked on a lot of projects over the years, so I have a perspective. A lot of old-timers are going to be floored after this is complete. This such a major change, that I think we should bottle up the old 5.0.6 as a new ToEEFE mod.

9. Hugh Manetee

Hugh Manetee Established Member

Nice one, Thanks

10. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

Re: 5.0.x Cumulative Mods and Fixes (CMF) Submissions Thread

Regarding the posts, 175 and 176 with the new patches/fixes, when applied will they correct currently saved games or will I be forced to start over?

11. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Bad Emirkol! I actually said "don't post in this thread' and you posted! :no:

Regarding your questions: I can't see why they would require a new game. Except the first one, if you have already been to HB. Try it and see :) The second one slotted into my game without a hitch, so if you go to HB and it works, then there should be no problem anywhere else.

12. Emirkol the Chaotic

"Acting suitably chagrined" Sorry Ted :(

13. Emirkol the Chaotic

Dammit! That should have been "chastised", not "chagrinned"!

Time to go puinish myself. Wait I already am punishing myself, I'm at work!!

14. GuardianAngel82

Not obeying the rules? I think, in order to to chastise him, much to his chagrin, we should start calling him "Emirkol the Unlawful"! Yeah, take THAT... :raving:

15. Emirkol the Chaotic

Quite appropriate GA82, after all, I am CHAOTIC! :biggergri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!