5.0.x Cumulative Mods & Fixes (CMF) Bug Reports and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by HobbesMG, Jul 16, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

No need to be shocked, I'm a smart ass in a good, non-annoying way.

(just don't ask my ex about that! :) )

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Hm, just tried it out and no crashey-crashey for me, GA. Has anybody else had this happen?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  3. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

So I shut down, leave. Come back, play with the frontend file so I can dodge the 0002 error. Reload the same start that crashed, buy Marauder. NO CRASH.

Ignore that GA82 guy. He's obviously raving. :dizzy:

4. Emirkol the Chaotic

I've been experiencing many CTD's (no warnings, errors, etc) for at least 5 different starts in the Shop Map.

One occurred when I tried to load a saved game. Tried a few different saves and same result.

The second occurred after I started a new game, equipped party, and then tried to save.

The third, started another new game, equipped party, DID NOT SAVE, went to start adventuring, got the opening cinema and then CTD.

On my very first start up, before these CTD's happened. I had started a new game, equipped party, rested, then saved 3 times. One quicksave (Gods I thinks that's the problem) and 2 regular saves. When I came back to play later, I loaded a regular save and had the first CTD.

If I remember from my research, the quicksave option can cause all sorts of problems correct? If that's the case, it would probably corrupt the other saves as well.

Am I facing another delete and re-install?

5. Gaear

Might want to try deleting all your saves. Or if that doesn't work, re-re-re-reinstall. I hate to always say that, but I've done infinite test runs with this new setup and haven't experienced a single CTD anywhere any time. :shrug: So something's gotta be goofy with your install or you've been bitten by random save corruption.

6. GuardianAngel82

I've reinstalled several times, eight, I think, and I've tried various combinations. My present is an original/patch2 that I have on a 2g zip drive + 5.0.0 + old 5.0.6 + new 5.0.6.

I keep screwing with it (reinstalling and installing on top of) until I get something I can use. My present version is now missing DH, so, my question is:

Generically speaking, what has happened that a formerly conversational NPC (Lila) starts giving the text over head "Hello" answers when clicked on? I just want to know in order to guide my future f'ing around. I am NOT reporting this as a bug.

I like the tweaking of some of the encounters. Especially Owlbears and Harpies attacking 2nd level parties. Bring on the Willow-the-wisp's and Ettin's!

7. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

"How many bites to the centre of a Vaarsuvius-pop, wise old Mr Owlbear?"

[EDIT: Deleted the rest: barking up the wrong Deklo]

8. GuardianAngel82

If I remember, the commercial correctly: "One...Two-whooo...Three...CRUNCH!...Three" (hands back paper stick) I think the owlbear version was similar, except for the headless corpse replacing the paper stick.

9. Hugh Manetee

Hugh Manetee Established Member

Does the new CMF patch automatically replace the old portrait /voive pack?

10. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Ok, installed this and gave it a whirl.

Firstly, that shopmap is BRILLIANT Gaear! Works on every level - easy to use, everything you want (in multiple amounts), map looks great, effects look great. Probably the best map Co8 has made to date. (WILL be topped in KotB ;))

Secondly, I have had no CTDs :) Got to level two in the moathouse, did Deklo Grove and a couple of random encounters, no problem.

However, I have to confirm the Lila bug - no DH! And yes, I most definitely ticked that box ;)

11. Emirkol the Chaotic

Before I go to reinstall everything, a quick question.

I noticed in my prior reinstalls that my old save games were still available. This was after is did a complete dump of the gmae and Co8 components. Is this a glitch or did I miss a file somewhere to delete?

Also, if I do manage to delete all my saves inlcuding the (problematic) quick save, will this solve the problem when I start a new game? Or am I better off just reinstalling?

12. Aurelinus

Aurelinus Member

How about hosting old version of 5.0.6 patch? I'm preparing polish translation that will be only supported up till that one, also with ToEEFE excluded which regularly doesn't work with polish version of the game (1.2). I'm not going to make any further support, so you automatically disable my job when upgrading into next versions.

Do I need to include the whole mod-patch to give ppl working files in the future?

PS. I'm not going to host files here for few reasons, until you will decide to do it yourself.

13. Gaear

Thanks for the feedback, people. :)

In a manner of speaking, yes. What it does is make it obsolete, not replace it per se. It is not a new and improved P&V pack, because it's not a pack at all. It's a regular part of the mod. The former P&V packs are no longer supported.

This is really weird. I did nothing to eliminate DH or anything like that - in fact did nothing to any DH files whatsoever. Although I'll admit my testing/modding installation doesn't include it, mainly for the fact that it is technically 'optional' and thus not standard. Don't know if I could have thus affected something unintentionally or what. I'll have a look-see.

Thanks, good to know I'm not the only one. ;)

Thanks - means a lot coming from you, Ted. :hug: And I agree, KotB will go beyond.

In order to do a complete uninstall, you have to go back and delete the Atari folder and all its contents afterwards. ToEE is one of those frustrating games that doesn't actually remove all that crap when it 'uninstalls.' Not sure what it does do, really.

Deleting the saves may work, but the way some of you are describing your game makes me think you still have faulty installations somehow. If that's the case, you should reinstall. There should be no wacky results from a proper installation, and most definitely no need to keep redoing it all the time (once you get beyond the initial new ToEEFE weirdness). Don't know what else to tell you. Despite the way it may seem, there is really nothing about the new stuff that is all that complicated or different, technically.

[edit]

Meant to ask - since no one's mentioned it here, I assume you're not having any problems finding the game portal on the new shop map?

14. Emirkol the Chaotic

No problem finding the game portal. In fact during my last CTD, I went through the portal after equipping and resting, but not saving. I got the opening scene for th CN vignette, but it went CTD just before the actual game map appeared.

Thanks for the info re: my CTD issues. I don't think it was a problem with the install per se, as I followed you instruction from the prior posts, to the letter. However, I'll try deleting the saved game files first to see if that correct the problem. If not, oh well, I'll reinstall everything. It's a lot easier now after all your assistance, Gaear. Thanks for cluing in the clueless!! :notworthy

15. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

I found the game portal easily enough. In fact, I was rather intrigued with it - does the fact that it is shaped as the ToEE symbol mean there is a possibility that in the future you could start a game, do the shopmap, then choose from a group of symbols, depending on which module you want to go to? In other words, could the shopmap and character creation preceed choosing a module to play, or am I just getting too greedy there?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!