5.0.x Cumulative Mods & Fixes (CMF) Bug Reports and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by HobbesMG, Jul 16, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

There may be a left to right scrollbar on the bottom of your screen. If so, slide it to the right. :)

2. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

Thanks. 2nd time I've missed something obvious. That I know about.

3. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

I just reinstalled ToEE, Patch 2, Co8 v5.0.0, and then the newest CMF patch (9/28/08).

It appears everything went alright. However when I start a new game I'm taken to the Jade Empress and Caravan. If I remember correctly, these SHOULD NOT be in the latest patch.

It may be a problem with the extraction. When I downloaded and opened the latest patch, I'm sure I was able to extract it to the ToEE root directory. I'm not quite sure, though.

When you're in the "extract" screen, I can see what looks like a main folder and then 3 others below that. Am I to extract EVERY folder or just the main (top) one?

Exactly where am I supposed to extract this to? I found what appears to be the main "root" ToEE folder, just above the Co8 folder. Is this correct? If not, does anyone now the exact address that I can enter to direct this patch. I did a normal install of everything, no custom folders or the like.

If everything is installed correctly, included the latest patch, will the game, FE, etc reflect that? (I mean version#'s etc.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4. Gaear

You should definitely not see Jade Empress anymore if you're playing the latest patch.

In order to extract the patch properly, all you have to do is double click the WinRAR archive to open it, then click the extract button and point it to Atari\Temple of Elemental Evil. That's all. :) That is indeed the root directory for ToEE.

If you've installed correctly, you'll see 'Build 09.28.2008' on the ToEE splash screen.

5. Emirkol the Chaotic

OK. I've reinstalled, ToEE, Patch 2 and Co8 v5.0.0.

Now, before I download the latest patch, you advised that I need to disable the current Co8 module, correct? What if I never went into the FE to begin with and just installed the newest patch?

Or do I need to go into FE, open a Co8 game, end it, and then deactivate the module, and then patch the game?

In your previous reply, I found the right folder to extract the patch to. However I'm confused as to EXACTLY what file I should have WinRAR open and extract for the WinRAR screen. It seems to give me 3 folders and another (application??) that says Co8? This Co8 item is definitely not a folder icon.

6. Gaear

If you've never launched the Co8 module or are operating on a brand new installation, then no, you don't have to deactivate the module.

Okay, it's like this Emirkol: you downloaded a file called 'Cumulative Mods 5.0.6.,' which is of course the WinRAR archive that the CMF is stored in. All you have to do is double-click to open it, wait for the little 'evaluation copy' message to pop up so you can click 'close,' then click on the 'Extract To' button you see in the picture below. Do not select any of the items in the archive. When the 'where?' question box pops up next, simply direct it to your ToEE root directory, normally c:\program files\Atari\Temple of Elemental Evil. Then click okay and WinRAR will do everything else for you. If it ever asks if you want to overwrite anything, say yes.

It's as simple as that. :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  7. Emirkol the Chaotic

WOO!! HOO!!

It's working!!

Thanks so much for your help. I'm a little computer illiterate when it comes down to some of the overwriting/extracting issues.

The funny thing is... the first time I went through this, I the instructions you just gave me were the same ones I actually did on my own. Somewhere, somehow I royally screwed up.
    Thanks for bailing me out on this one.

One concern... when I first activated the FE, i received an error 004 message, certain files could not be accessed, or the like. Is this something to be concerned about? Did I screw up again somewhere?

8. Gaear

(sigh)

No, that's not your screw up. It's some bizarre phenomenon with Front End that seems to be growing extremely rapidly. :(

You will probably find that you can't launch Front End again now. If so, look 9 posts back for what to do for the time being. If you need more help, post here.

9. Emirkol the Chaotic

Gaear,

I followed your instructions in the previous post, before you had responded. I had seen and read through GA's posts with you and let me tell you not only did your instructions work like a charm, you taught me something new. I had basic knowledge in finding and moving files, but I admit, I was nervous trying this out. It seemed a little like surgery to me!

Nevertheless, it's running smoothly now, after 3 starts and exits. I'm ready to dive back in!

Thank you so much for all of your help!!

10. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

So the new 0002 fix is the same as the old, except delete the frontend file. Wilco.

And IGNITION! We have liftoff...:peace:

Thanks, Gaear. You da man! :thumbsup:

THANKS GUYS! BITCHIN' BIRTHDAY PRESENT! :rock:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  11. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I don't know if this has been mentioned publically before, but with such a major revision of the CMF out its worth saying in a big loud voice

THERE IS A NEW FRONT END COMING!

It needs testing, finessing etc but its coming and will solve everything. :)

12. Emirkol the Chaotic

Oh thanks Ted, now you tell us!!

After all that work poor Gaear did dealing with me and GA82!! :)

13. GuardianAngel82

Are YOU willing to wait for the new frontend that will "solve everything"? I was playing with everything before it was even CMF'd.

On the other hand, Gaear's present icon may really be a live video feed. (Nervous breakdown followed by catatonia.) :xeyes::blahblah:

14. Emirkol the Chaotic

Nope GA82, just being a smart ass :)

The only thing I waited for was the latest patch, which I finally got installed and working, thanks to Gaear. Now that I know how to work these updates, I can be patient when they come out.

On a completely different note (an possibly for another thread), before I upgraded to the latest patch, I had quite the audience of 7-8 year old boys, my son and ALL of his friends, crowded around the PC to witness my final battle with Zuggy. My goodness, what playing console games does to kids especially after seeing a truly powerful PC game. To say the least, they were massively impressed at what they saw!!

15. GuardianAngel82

And it's now rather quaint and dated.

And:

WHAT? You were being a SMARTASS? I'm SHOCKED, simply SHOCKED!

REAL STUFF:

The Marauder Armor in the new shop map seems to CTD when equipped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!