5.0.x Cumulative Mods & Fixes (CMF) Bug Reports and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by HobbesMG, Jul 16, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Re: 5.0.1 mods and fixes bug reports

Wizgeorge - could you do me a favour? Have you got a save game just before you meet Lubash (when you're on a seperate map)? If you have, could you download the Lubash mod in cumulative fixes, put it into your data/scr folder replacing the .py file there and deleting the .pyc file of the same name (00074lubash.pyc IIRC). Does Lubash talk to you when you enter the room?

I need you to keep the widow in your group (she gives a death shout every time you change map right?) to test this.

If you can't do, no worries, just something I should play with at some point when I'm willing to deliberately introduce a bug back into my install :)

edit: I don't think this is a v5 issue as such btw.

2. Enilno

Enilno Quicksword

OK. I was just wondering if this was something known to be better practice (i.e., something like "you should always go with the 5PC/3NPC setting when adventuring with less than 5 PCs -- setting PCs to 4 or less causes weirdness") When I started the game, I wasn't sure if you can recruit 4 NPCs if you set it to 5PC/3NPC in ToFFEE, but actually adventure with only 4 PCs (I figured this is the reason the settings for less than 5 PCs exist) -- this would be easy enough for me to test though.

I didn't save in combat either, so I'm guessing "wtf" is the answer here.

By the way, I've saved in combat before in Co8 4.0.0 numerous times without problems -- just luck I'm sure. I'll be careful not to do that from now on. Also, I never ran into the 'no available action' problem with my characters in Co8 4.0.0 -- but then I usually don't have characters using the same exact weapon type (my rogue and wizard were indeed both using the short bow when I had the problem I described). I suspected this was somehow Co8 5.0.0-related since this was my first time running it (and first time having the problem) and I've played Co8 4.0.0 countless times (by the way, thanks again to all the Co8 modders for making ToEE a game that I have enjoyed playing through perhaps too many times). :)

Thanks! (goes off in search of black goats) ;)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2006
  3. Zebedee

The action bug (dated 24/9/03):
    http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320525&highlight=save+combat+bug

Dangers of saving in combat (dated 21/11/03)
    http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333187&highlight=save+combat+bug

If you've never had them happen to you before, I think it's karma time :twisted:

More seriously, hope your next install is far less problematic. This game can drive you mad when you get glitches like this :)

4. kgruscho

kgruscho Member

I've tested this out a bit more on my install. Handing over giant's head, getting prompt, then resting 25 hours does not work for me.

However, if I then (after first 25 hours) buy/sell some crap items, then go rest another 25 hours, it works fine.

hope any of this helps, love the mods, Karl

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Sorry, we should have been more specific. To respawn a shop inventory, you have to pass 25 hours on a different map. You also have to GIVE THE SHOPKEEPER A REASON TO RESTOCK such as by shopping with him.
    O dear... I set several middle-game encounters to be triggers depending on how people play, one of them was finding the Ogre Cave. If people are now getting that location to go Orc-hunting, then it will break the moathouse respawn.

Sorry, my bad, it should have sunk in long before this. I'll get right on it.
    Sounds like she is losing a level from equipping Fragarach, you didn't change her alignment did you George?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2006
  6. Zebedee

Gnome guards and Prince Zook in Verbobonc have no portraits. Might have a 'game' portrait pack created with the Co8 portraitpack mod but nothing else which would impact on NPC portraits. (5.0.1 latest).

7. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Initially Mathilde had 20hp, and when I equipped Fragarach she went -10 dead. I've tried again after buffing up the hp and she only went down 5 hp(71to 66. The first time the game ctd shortly thereafter. I didn't change her align{LG} and she had feats that are not in her protos. This is weird, but then again the console causes weird things to happen. Definitely a console problem, not 5.0.

8. Shiningted

Hmmm...

would a chaotic weapon cause a level loss for a Lawful charatcer? seems reasonable?

9. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Yup. Chaotic will cause level loss for Lawful just like Evil will do for Good (and vice-versa.)

Although I prefer the old rules where they straight up did damage every round. In one campaign, my PCs accidently killed the old baron of a fiefdom. They had found a magic sword with his family crest on it and even though I had strongly hinted it belonged to the baron's kind-hearted daughter, they gave it directly to the old bastard. He picks up the sword, sparks fly, the baron drops dead and the gaurds in the room draw their weapons crying "Treachery!" Good times. :evil_laug

10. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Can and does, iirc. I'd swear the Sword of Fury (a chaotic weapon) did a level loss to a lawful character I equipped it on.

11. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

I used the console to boost Mathilde to lvl5, with 10khp and euipped Fragarach and the hp went down only 5, but the lvl and xp stayed the same. Speaking of the console and Fragarch, I boosted it up to 12d12 damage, gave Fruella 900hp and sent her after Iuz. Iuz killed himself on AoO and Fruella never even attacked. How cool. By the way I changed Fruella's align to CG . Fascinating what you can do with console and protos changes, if they work and don't ctd the game. I'm having fun and learning.
    I changed Mathilde's align to CG and Fragarach equipped just fine. Live and learn.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2006
  12. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Yeah, they don't actually lose a level. They lose an "effective" level. Their BAB, hp, saves and what not all go down to what they would be if the character was one level lower, but their actual level and xp don't change. For a first level character this still means death, as that is how the game interpreters level zero, no matter what their hp actually is. For higher level characters, they will only lose one hit die worth of hp.

13. Shiningted

So that was it? Glad I could help.
    That was me too :evil_laug

14. HobbesMG

HobbesMG Member

Ok so I found the listing of Fragarach from the origional Module. I assume it is the same here electronically. I bolded the Lawful part. Guessing that is why Fruella took damage.

Maybe the HP loss is higher here or more random?

15. HobbesMG

HobbesMG Member

And just to keep with the theme of the thread. I think I got a bug...

1) Module 5.0.01 downloaded on July 18. Haven't done a cumulative fix since then but I did add on the Water temple juggernaut fix today.

2) CE Party all "drow" elven since i cant choose them to be drow, at least thats what they are in my head. And the voices there are never wrong :)

3) I cleared out the orc cave and looted all the bodies. Coming Back I got hit with a random encounter with a Brig leader and 3 mini Brigands. Killed and looted them also. Drug my wounded butt back to Ramos to sell the stuff I looted. Went back to the inn and rested 8 hours. Started to head out to the moathouse to clear out level 2 and I got stopped by the assassin. Not sure if this is a spoiler so .... **** SPOILER WARNING ****

He gave me the whole "you killed Larenth" speech and when i asked how he knew through diplomacy he said I sold things in Hommlet that belonged to him.

4) Well Larenth is alive since I never went past the top floor yet. All I sold to the traders were the orc and brigand items.

Kinda at a loss here since This was the party that wasnt gonna kill the bad guys heh

oh and FYI I do have a saved game before entering the orc cave if thats helps with figuring anything out. Oh and not all the orcs joined in the fight in the cave. The assassin and 2 fighters sat back and picked their butts as their buddies got attacked. They didnt do anything til I targeted them. So perhaps this is 2 bugs to report........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!