5.0.x Cumulative Mods & Fixes (CMF) Bug Reports and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by HobbesMG, Jul 16, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Combat Expertise was reported in the past as bugged, yes: I tried to test it to confirm this bug and never could figure out how to use it, but you're probably right.

Not that there is anything wrong with you guys reporting it again ;) But I doubt its anything we can fix. It'll probably have to be regarded as an exploit.

2. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

Gaear, since you're the person who has the biggest experience with
    fiddling with music, could you check one thing? While running ToEE
    with your sound fix, the music was behaving strangely. Namely, I could here
    two different tunes playing at the same time in the Main Menu, also the Moathouse
    music would not begin playing sometimes (and more frequently than it occurred
    normally, i.e. after you hear the "da da de dum" part). I'm not even sure what to
    suggest... :(

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Well grasshopper ;), things look normal on my end, both in-game and out. I've experienced that lack of music phenomenon in the past with no apparent explanation. Also, I've discovered that a lot of wackiness can ensue if you change certain files relevant to soundschemes and then load and play saved games.

Can you check something for me? Go to modules\Co8-5.0.0\maps and see if you have a folder there called 'Shopmaps.' You shouldn't (at least I don't), but if you do, look inside it for a text file called 'mapinfo.' If you have that, open it and tell me what it says.

Also, are you talking about Moathouse combat music ('da da de dum')? If not, do you mean the Moathouse exterior area with the giant frogs or inside the Moathouse somewhere?

Lastly, I assume your installation of 5.0.4 was routine, i.e., no zany selective copy and paste jobs or anything like that?

4. maggit

I don't have the folder you were talking about.
    I mean the exterior map of the moathouse, and
    yes, the combat music doesn't trigger the way
    it should, first I hear the "intro" that is the "da de dum"
    and after that there's silence. I don't know, maybe
    I just had bad luck, but it happened over 3 times in 5
    after I started combat in the Moathouse exterior.

Oh, and: yes I am using 5.0.4 now.

5. Gaear

Well, the combat intro 'da da de dum' things are actually separate little files that are set to play only once at the beginning of a combat (to provide an exciting segue I suppose), and I'm pretty sure now that they're hardcoded in. They play all the time, regardless of how you mod things. So that would explain why it plays even if nothing else does. (btw, we're going to overcome this in KotB by having a dummy file of 1 second of silence standing in for those. That way you won't have 'da da de dum' trampling all over the opening of your caves music. :))

I've noticed that sometimes there are complications with music when you switch modules, particularly if you've done something unconventional like not deactivating a module or swapping out files manually.

Why don't you post your schemelist.mes and schemeindex.mes files (found in data\sound) so I can look them over anyway.

6. maggit

OK, here it is.

Attached Files:

7. maggit

Right... I'm a moron. I somehow missed the message
    that you changed the main menu music. However, I am
    pretty damn sure I have heard it somewhere, either in
    one of the nodes (I think it was the air node) or somewhere
    else. I don't think fits the climate right. The original track was
    more dark and scarry. However, the bug outside the moathouse
    is a bit annoying. :(

8. Gaear

Your schemeindex.mes and schemelist.mes files look right to me. Are you using saves from before 5.0.4? If so, start a new game and teleport straight to the Moathouse and see what happens.

You may have heard the 'new' main menu music from some of my custom movies, if you're using those. I used various sections of that piece for background music. Otherwise it doesn't appear anywhere in the game (likewise the new Nulb combat music).

As far as the dark and scary thing goes, well, our opinions on that are subjective. I personally think the new one is more dark and scary. However, I didn't implement the changes based on that opinion, but rather on the fact that the new one is called 'pregame credits,' from which I deduced that it was probably intended to be a pregame credits tune. Who knows why it didn't end up that way in the original release? Probably some Atari exec who had nothing to do with development came along and arbitrarily decided it needed to be changed at the last minute, along with removing the brothel. ;)

Regardless, the original tune that played over the main menu is the level music for Zugg's lair. Seemed like kind of an unneccesary and silly change to me, not to mention a waste of resources. :)

9. maggit

It was a new 5.0.4 game. Maybe it was just a
    coincidence... Nevermind then and sorry for
    taking your time...

10. vampiricpuppy

vampiricpuppy cuddly nosferatu

i notice that someone has fixed the reach capabilities of the halberd/trident - trident is still two-handed (when it is supposed to be one handed) however.

11. vampiricpuppy

not sure if this has been mentioned - scribed cure light wounds scrolls dont stack

12. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I've fixed the issue with the Trident, it was in the protos.tab as a large weapon instead of a medium weapon, which means small characters will still wield it two handed.

I cannot reproduce the cure light wounds scrolls not stacking, they stack just fine for me.

13. vampiricpuppy

ill try a fresh party and get back to you :p

edit: the bug didnt reproduce itself - and i managed to clear it up by moving all my scrolls to another persons inventory... :yeaaa: after that, the old scrolls were stacked, and new scrolls were stackable...

Last edited: May 26, 2007
  14. maggit

I've noticed that the Maruader Armor is "hidden" behind the leather
    cap in the Armour Merchant's store on the Shop Map. Can something
    be done to change this?

15. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Nice pick-up Maggit - please shout out anything like that you find in KotB (I have found a few myself).

Yes, it can be fixed: the inventory number of the marauder armour just has to be changed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!