5.0.x Cumulative Mods and Fixes (CMF) Submissions Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by rufnredde, Jul 15, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Bug fix for a dialogue crash error with innkeeper's wife. Might have been fixed before but still present in my 5.04 install.

Also questlog.mes spellchecked.

Added to the Cumulative Mods 02-01-08 at 12:00pm GMT.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2008
  2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
  3. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Re: Questions about the Assassination of Lodriss quest

I've also encountered both bugs mentioned here, and it seems there haven't been any attempts made to fix those. So I propose the following:

1) Change Tolub's script so that if he thinks you're cheating, he just breaks off the fight and calls you a lily livered scoundrel or something instead of attacking you (and hey, if you're actually cheating by using magic and such, shouldn't that discourage him from fighting anyway?). This is not a real fix, since a proper one would probably have to tamper with the engine's brawl code itself, but at least you won't have to reload!
    2) Have an option to tell Lodriss that you're going to confront Skole, and that things are going to get hot, so she should leave for a while. She then disappears along with the rest of the pirates until the next time you return to the bar, allowing you to take out Skole without spillover.
    (the pirates etc. need to go away too because sometimes your animal companion attacks them, in my experience)

Edit: ok, I did the Tolub one. Needs testing, I guess.
    It's not realistic that Tolub would back down if he thinks you're cheating, but since it's bugged it'll have to do. He'll be angry with you afterwards, but you can still buy Bertram off of him.

Edit2: Added Skole/Lodriss fix as well. Also contains a fix for retarded dialogue appearing for intelligent characters and vice versa in Skole's dialogue file.

BTW, it's funny how you just can't recreate these bugs when you start a fresh game. Even casting a spell right before the fight didn't trigger the cheater accusation - it seems like only casting a spell does that.

Edit3: Icklefix compatibility

Attached Files:

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

'Fix' for Zaxis, so you can talk to him about his sister if you have found the appropriate item, no matter who has it.

Compatible with Co8 5.0.0 onwards. Goes in the data/rules/dlg folder.

Attached Files:

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Comprehensive ToEE Audio Fix

This comprehensive audio fix consists of the first two Audio Fix packs, plus a few fixes to the fixes and a couple added things. The other two fix packs should now be considered obsolete.

What it does (notes compiled from earlier posts and augmented):

Part 1

• Changes the background music you hear during the menu/options screens. It used to be the Zuggtmoy level theme. Now, coincidentally enough, it's the pregame_credits_loop.mp3 theme, which was never before heard in-game. Who'd a thunk?
    • Fixes typos in schemelist.mes so that the formally reticent frogs now croak on the Moathouse Ruins map (who'd a thunk that?).
    • Changes the Nulb combat music from the generic variety we hear throughout the game to Moathouse_Combat_Loop.mp3, which was also never heard before in-game (and is not the same as the Moathouse's combat music). Prior to this, every locale had custom combat music except Nulb. Oh, and the temple too. See next.
    • Changes the ToEE combat music from the generic variety we hear throughout the game to temple_topside_combat.mp3, which, as it's name suggests, we currently only hear topside at the temple, which means almost not at all.
    • Changes the background music in temple levels 3 and 4 to the Hommlet church music and gives the Church of St. Cuthbert the regular Hommlet town music. Why, you ask? Well, there are a couple reasons. Background music in the temple is currently pretty thin, with only that one familiar tune as the background for every map except the Zuggy one. The only other piece that I could locate in the game that seemed at all superfluous was the Hommlet temple one. Plus, that music is creepy, and I don't see what should be particularly creepy about a lawful neutral church, even if they're aggressive about collecting donations.
    • Changes the backround music for the temple exterior locations to the generic wilderness theme. Had been our old friend the venerable temple theme, but that's creepy in a dungeony way, not a woodsy way, imo. Plus, the traditional temple theme is already stretched way too thin.
    Part 2

• Replaces the Worldmap writing sound. Now sounds like actual writing instead of a musical shaker.
    • Replaces the 'splash through water' sound. Now sounds like a person splashing through water instead of a hippopotamus.
    • Replaces the zombie eating sound. Now sounds like some creature eating instead of ... I don't know what that other sound sounded like.
    • Adds an attack sound for the basilisk, which never had one before.
    • Adds an attack sound for the chagrin grue :eek:_O:, which never had one before.
    • Adds an attack sound for the harpy, which never had one before.
    • Replaces the attack sound for our custom kobolds.
    • Reassigns the gnoll die and fidget sounds to kobolds. (They sounded a bit 'diminutive,' for lack of a better word, compared to, say, those for the similarly sized bugbears.)
    • Adds more appropriate fidget and die sounds for gnolls.
    Part 3

• Fixes the Moathouse spider tower ambient effects (sounded like it was outside).
    • Fixes ambient effects for many outdoor locales so that day and night are accurately depicted. In ToEE, it gets light at 6:00 a.m. and gets dark at 6:00 p.m. There had previously been instances of birds chirping at 9:00 p.m. and crickets not chirping until 9:00 p.m. (or whatever). This fixes those kinds of things so that all daytime ambient effects go from 6a to 6p and all nighttime ambient effects go from 6p to 6a.
    • Fixes my error from part 1 where I had the Zuggtmoy level playing the original Hommlet temple music and changes it so that only temple levels 3 and 4 play it, which is what was originally intended.
    • Fixes Moathouse_combat_R3.mp3 so that it is a properly looped track. It had previously been something of an anomoly, at 1:04 with an abrupt ending that didn't lend itself well to looping. This resulted in Moathouse combat having something of a jarring interruption every minute or so when the tune looped. I just looped it four times (as is the norm in ToEE), smoothed out the transitions, and gave it a proper ending.
    • Changes it so the damn rooster in Hommlet only crows infrequently from 6 - 8 a.m. instead of constantly. (Recall that the previous fix of switching it to a chicken clucking was thought by Blue to be too heavy-handed. :p ;))
    Notes:

• I would have added a custom attack sound for gnolls, but not only did they not already have an attack sound assigned to them, there aren't even instructions in their control files to make a sound when they attack. This is so for all gnolls - the gnoll sergeant and all the various factions. So unless someone can figure out a new line of code for the proper instruction, the poor beasts shall remain eerily silent in that regard.
    • For some reason, I can't get the little Nulb combat intro ditty not to play, despite the fact that nothing calls it in schemelist.mes. (This is the combat intro that goes with the regular old combat music - dum-de-dum-do-dah!) It doesn't go too well with the new Nulb combat music. If I could stop it I would, but no matter what I do, the tireless intro diligently leaps forth every time you get into a dust-up in Nulb. Sorry.
    • Special thanks to Ted for hacking the .ska files for the kobolds. :thumbsup:
    Enjoy!

ToEE Audio Fix Comprehensive

6. Allyx

New CMF version now available from the first post in this thread, as usual start a new game after extracting this patch (unless of course you've already got the Zombie gone fix, in which case just carry on as normal).

7. Allyx

Re-uploaded the CMF 5.0.5 to include a fix for the Lieutenant in the moathouse. 19:37 GMT. The fix can also be found here.

8. Shiningted

Curses! I came to upload my Terjon Fix and forgot we are up to 5.0.5. This is based on 5.0.4 and may contain redundant material: I will upgrade it when I get a chance over the next few days.

Essentially, it fixes Terjon's capacity to cast Nuetralise Poison. However he still doesn't distinguish when casting it, and will gladly cast it on anyone. But at least now it works.

Unzip to your data / dlg folder.

Added to the Cumulative Mods 02-18-08 at 23:14pm GMT.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2008
  9. Gaear

Round About Town Fixes v1

A mod to fix and flesh out some basic shortcomings around Hommlet, mainly.

What it does:

• Retools the text for the Hommlet and Nulb signposts. (Nothing major, just changes things like 'St. Cuthbert Church' to 'Church of St. Cuthbert' and cuts down on redundancy. Doesn't change any teleport destinations or the order in which they're offered or anything like that.)
    • Stops Terjon from referring to his healing services as proper nouns. (Cosmetic only - I was going to change audio like 'who is in need of the Cure Serious Wounds?' :eek:_O: to 'who is in need of this healing?', but Terjie's got way too many lines like this to justify the payload.
    • Ditto Calmert. Also makes it possible to get healing from him at the outset.
    • Adds new audio for a few Gremag lines that seem to have been added in somewhere along the way, and opens a new dialogue tree for him for when you've already met him but no globals are set (so you don't have to listen to him carry on like you're a new customer all the time). Also shortens up some of his long and cumbersome speeches, which were made worse by the bug that causes him to repeat himself whenever you barter with him.
    • Fixes a couple Rannos Davl dialogue errors.
    • Fleshes out interaction with Kenter Nevets for LN parties (who get him as the opening vignette point of contact). You can now acknowledge the Moathouse task more appropriately (for what it's worth) and even report back to him midway through (after freeing the gnomes) with news, to which he'll audibly respond. This in favor of being limited to that inane chatter about looking for fun in Hommlet ... while in the middle of your mission for the Lord Mayor of Greyhawk. :yeaaa:
    There may be more of these to come, we shall see.

Round About Town Fixes v1

10. Salk

Salk Established Member

Here's an amended description (by Kalshane) for Black Jay's ring so that the player won't happen to get inconsistent informations about a mission he might have not yet heard about.

Attached Files:

11. Gaear

Axl - the ambush fix still didn't work, but I think it was because you had it set to occur only if Lareth was not dead. I'm not sure what the additional flag you had in there was, but ...

Attached is another fix for this, which makes it so that the ambush occurs if:

- Lareth is dead
    - you have not yet gone to Nulb

The latter was as close an approximation on a time limit as I could get without creating any new flags. I figured that it shouldn't be long before most parties head for Nulb after clearing the Moathouse. Once that happens, no more Moathouse ambush if you happen to go back there (and haven't already triggered it). Hopefully, this will prevent most of those goofy down the road scenarios. As for Lareth having to be dead, I really don't have a problem with that. It was pretty much the idea behind the whole thing in the first place.

This fix also tones down some of Turuko's rhetoric in that encounter.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2008
  12. Allyx

A fix for the bestow curse spell to make it count as a Necromancy spell, it was incorrectly labled as transmutation.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  13. Shiningted

Scripts

Here is the Scripts file from KotB, allowing:

- easy use of individual flags

- rolled outcomes for dialogue-related skill checks (with pass or fail options)

- other stuff :)

This goes in the data / scr folder, and the scripts in it can be accessed by putting

from scripts import *

at the start of the .py file using them.

Details as to what the scripts do can be found HERE and HERE.

Added to the CMF 04.13.2008

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2008
  14. Shiningted

Ostler and Spugnoir

This contains 2 fixes:

1) Fixes a broken line in Spugnoir's dlg that prevents any of his combat etc dialogue functioning.

2) Adds a sleep.update thing to Ostler so that when he tells you that you have won a room for catching Furnock, you can use it immediately and not have to change maps first.

Unzip to the data folder.

Attached Files:

• dlg.zip
      File size:
      7.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2008
  15. Gaear

Round About Town Fixes v2

What it does:

• Makes it so that Otis doesn't come off as antagonistic toward neutral parties when he leaves the first time. Previously, neutrals got lumped in with evils for the "You're lucky I helped you once" treatment, which seemed odd. New audio.
    • Fixes the bug where you can 'show Falrinth one of the elemental power gems' even though you don't have any. God, that was a niggly f*cker. It seems that a anyone( pc.group_list(), "has_item" call to the water gem always returns that you have it, whether you do or not. The only way to stop this was to remove the call, so now players that do have the water gem won't get the option to talk about it, unfortunately. But the others work as intended.
    • Reconciles a line of Smigmal Redhand's dialogue text with her voice file.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!