5.0.x Cumulative Mods and Fixes (CMF) Submissions Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by rufnredde, Jul 15, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Proto-Description base for upcoming mod releases.

This is posted here because I can no longer separate all the little changes in these files into all their separate mods (or don't really care to and don't think it's necessary ;)). Contains ptotos.tab, description.mes, long_description.mes, and InvenSource.mes.

Special note: these files, particularly protos.tab, contain changes that go beyond the scope of the imminent mod releases into other areas that I'm modding which aren't due for release yet. I have no reason to suspect that this will affect anything adversely, but please pay close attention to any oddities, like strange crashes (obviously) or NPCs not appearing where they should or missing inventory icons or stuff like that. (Though please don't assume this is the cause behind any unexplained phenomena you may see. It probably isn't.)

Extract to root directory with Co8 active and overwrite as usual.

Almost forgot: this is really not meant to be installed until the other mods appear. If you use it separately, many weird things with item icons and whatnot will probably happen. I'm just putting it here now because it needs to go up first. :)

Added to the CMF 09.28.2008

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  2. Gaear

PC Voices Mod

See this thread for details. Install to root directory with Co8 module active and overwrite as usual.

Note that this mod is independant of the proto-description changes posted above, so you can install and use it successfully without installing the former if you don't want to wait around.

PC Voices Mod

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

This is a modification of the long_description.mes Gaear just posted above, fixing the descriptions for items 4428-4442 that I stuffed up previously. Also improves a couple of nearby descriptions and fixes some typos.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2008
  4. Gaear

World Map Mod

See this thread for details. Extract to root directory with Co8 module active and overwrite as usual.

This mod is totally dependant on the existence of some of the other mods in this suite, including the proto-description stuff, so don't install this if you don't have those yet.

World Map Mod

5. Gaear

Shop Map Mod

See this thread for details. Extract to root directory with Co8 module active and overwrite as usual.

This mod is totally dependant on the existence of some of the other mods in this suite, including the proto-description stuff, so don't install this if you don't have those yet. If you install and run everything posted thus far, you'll still get white arrow portraits and icons here and there, but the game will run normally.

Shop Map Mod

Note: the Schools of Magic Colors Mod (see this thread for details) was essentially absorbed into this mod and the proto-description base submission, so it will not be posted independantly.

6. Gaear

Area Descriptions Mod

See this thread for details. Extract to root directory with the Co8 module active and overwrite.

This mod is also dependant on the existence of other mods of late, so ditto the install cautions.

Attached Files:

7. Gaear

Portraits Mod

Contains:

• 20 new PC portraits by Half Knight
    • 28 new PC portraits by Daadamo
    • Several new and modified monster portraits by HK and a few manufactured ones by me
    • Several new and modified NPC portraits by HK and a few manufactured ones by me
    • Rearrangement/reassignment of existing portraits so they make more sense and are less redundant (this will probably be transparent for the most part)
    Special thanks of course to HK (always there above and beyond the call), Dean, and Ted for letting ToEE borrow from KotB. :thumbsup:

This mod wraps up the material governed by the proto-description base posted above.

Extract to root directory with Co8 module active and overwrite as usual.

Portraits Mod

8. Gaear

Gnarley Woods Update

[posted for Ted]

Updates the ground art for the Gnarley Woods map. Graphics by VampiricPuppy.

Extract to root directory with Co8 active and overwrite.

Gnarley Woods Update

9. Gaear

The Cumulative Mods and Fixes have been updated to include:

• My Proto-Description base for upcoming mod releases
    • My PC Voices Mod
    • Shiningted's long_description.mes fix
    • My World Map Mod
    • My Shop Map Mod
    • My Area Descriptions Mod
    • My Portraits Mod
    • Shiningted's Gnarley Woods Update
    Download from the Downloads Forum here.

Special note: there will be a significant change in the CMF installation procedure from this point forward. You will now be required to deactivate the Co8-5.0.0 module before you install the CMF patch. This is mainly so that the CMF will be more uniformly applied and thus (hopefully) properly installed on a consistent basis.

Do not neglect or forget to do this. If you do, you will not actually be patching the Co8 mod with the CMF and you will be very sad. Get used to the idea that before you apply any patch, you must first deactivate the module you are patching. It will all be for the better in the long run.

The installation instructions will be updated with this info as well.

Also note: this new version of the patch will not play nice with the old portrait and voice packs. In fact, it will screw them up in a major way. If you still want to use old portraits and voices, you're best off not installing this CMF update or finishing your old game before installing this CMF update. Also note that it is very possible that the portraits of your saved characeters may change with this update. I've tried to maintain the structural integrity of the old PC portrait ranges so that this doesn't happen, but I'm not positive it won't.

From this point forward, the old portrait and voice pack functionality is no longer supported in our Co8 patch, even though the capability is still there in Front End.

10. Gaear

Fix to get Hickory Branch ground art to reappear after applying the above CMF.

Note this is still the old krunch HB ground art.

[whisper]Special tip: I'm probably going to regret saying this, but you don't even have to deactivate the Co8 module to apply this. Just extract to your root directory and overwrite.[/whisper]

Attached Files:

11. Shiningted

The problem with Lila (and DH in general) seems to be that Lila's san_dialog entry got removed from her proto. Don't know how, doubtless by mistake. Here is a protos.tab that restores it and allows her to speak. Any further problems please note them in the Bug Reports and Discussion thread as usual :)

O and this file should be unzipped to data/rules and over-write the current one.

Attached Files:

12. Gaear

Fix to get Mona, Alrrem, and Kenter Nevets to send you to the correct HB and Cave Lair worldmap locations.

Deactivate the Co8 module and extract to your ToEE root directory and overwrite, or -

If you want to avoid the hassle of the new deactivation maneuvers, just pop open the .rar archive, look inside the data\dlg folder, and drag and drop the three files there to your ToEE\data\dlg folder and overwrite. (This assumes the Co8 module is active.)

Attached Files:

13. Shiningted

Al the Drow / Beory the Uncertain

Here's three files. One fixes Al the Drow's conflicts with the Drow leader in the Gnarley Woods (stopping either from functioning properly in combat), one removes the hand crossbow from Al's inventory, which was causing him to CTD - its broken, though I can't see how atm - and the third adds a missing line for clerics of Old Faith. Since there are a few dieties that NPCs have that PCs can't, there's probably more lines like that out there that will turn up in time (if someone casts Dominate Person on a follower of Ralishaz or Pyremius, for instance). For that matter, giving Bertram a level of cleric should do it :) But time enough to squish those bugs when they appear.

Unzip to the relevant folder in data.

Attached Files:

14. Gaear

Fixes for Iolo's Joy icon and to make it so you go to the right map from the temple broken tower when you exit south or tell the brigand leader you're leaving.

Do the usual deactivation/extraction method, or,

• open the .rar archive, look in the dlg subfolder and move the file there to ToEE\data\dlg
    and

• open the .rar archive, look in the rules subfolder and move the two files there to ToEE\data\rules

Attached Files:

15. Shiningted

This fix adds missing feats for Wonnilon (EWP (Repeater), Weapon Focus (Repeater) and Point Blank Shot), slightly tinkers the Iolo's Joy fix, and overhauls Contagin so paladin's don't get disaeased, and gives it some particle effects.

Unzip to temp then copy the internal folders into 'data'. Any problems, post in the CMF discussion thread.

For the modders: only lines 4498 and 14200 of protos.tab changed.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!