5.0.x Cumulative Mods and Fixes (CMF) Submissions Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by rufnredde, Jul 15, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Hope I'm not making too many waves here, but enough people have mentioned this that I think we're going to bring the ladies' big hair back.

This will have to be done a little backwards: all we technically need to do is delete stuff that's already there, but being as I don't know how to write a utility that would do that, we'll have to re-install the original stuff overtop our modded stuff. Thus we have a 560 kb download. It can just be removed from the next modpack, but for now this will have to suffice.

We'll make the guys' hair mod available for people who want that, instead of vice versa.

Extract to your ToEE root directory with Co8 5.0.0 as the active module and overwrite. If people find that this doesn't work in some way, please say so.

Big Hair Back

Added to the CMF 06.08.2008

Last edited: Jun 8, 2008
  2. Gaear

1. This is a fix for an error discovered by Half Knight where the normal breastplate for humans was not displayed properly.

2. Fix for spelling and grammar errors in PC to NPC generic dialogue. Thanks to Shadowblade2 for bringing this to our attention.

3. Fix for typos in Thrommels' reward-delivering knight's dialogue. Thanks to Qwinn for spotting.

Extract each to your ToEE root directory and overwrite.

Added to the CMF 06.08.2008

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2008
  3. Gaear

The Cumulative Mods and Fixes have been updated to include:

• Erkper's Leatherworker's Family Fix (yay Erkper! :))
    • My Big Hair Back Restoration
    • My Breastplate, General Messages, and Knight fixes
    Download from the Downloads Forum here.

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Here it is! This patch includes a new dll that incorporates both the Win 98 fix and the new weapon proficiencies for Cujo's new monk weapons, plus the all new feat Far Shot, a removal of non-functioning feats such as Improved Shield Bash, updating scripts.py file, two other .py files necessary to make Far Shot work, and a new protos.tab likewise to make Far Shot work. This protos.tab also gives the ranged weapons a bit of an overhaul, since many were missing ranges, or had them wrong.

It also sets all the Drow armours as masterwork so if people console them in they can craft them: however, it does not give the armours the masterwork bonuses, since that was not their intent (although their author is free to adjust or remove this change as he sees fit).

It does not yet contain the masterwork versions of the monk weapons that I have been promising: I had to renege on that due to some problems with one of our tools. Should be remedied very soon.

To install, simply point at the root thread and unzip (with Co8 5.0.0 as the active module). Complaints, bugs or discussion at THIS thread.

[see below]

Dll update part 2 is here! Thanks to some rapid action by Agetian, I got to the bottom of the problems I was having transfering the new weapons from KotB to here, and now we have nice new masterwork monks weapons to match our nice new feats.

Download from the same place:

Dll update part 2

This overwrites the previous version, so if you didn't get that one, you can ignore it and just go with this one. There is a seperate file for modders attached below; it contains a complete list of what has been changed and also a copy of the .tam fie so the new weapons from KotB can just be imported directly to the Co8 protos.tab with ToEEPT. Ordinary punters should ignore this!

Note: The the new weapons overwrite the existing weapons in a slightly different order, so existing non-masterwork monk weapons MAY get a bit funky: I doubt it, but if your tonfa turns into a war fan, well, these things happen: start a new game ;) All feedback appreciated, but not in this thread! Update to Ah Fong's inventory thing to allow him to sell these weapons still to come, when I have tested it.

Added to the CMF 08.03.2008

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2008
  5. Shiningted

Murfles fix

Here is a small fix for Murfles: it was recently mentioned she doesn't have a death line. Turns out, she really doesn't have a death line - no line, no mp3. Now she just dies silently without looking like she is missing something.

Attached Files:

6. Gaear

Big 3 Ambush Fix - final.

The ambush will now occur at the cave exit, courtyard, or back door if:
    • Lareth is dead
    • Zert, Turuko, and Kobort are not dead or in the party
    • your party is not lawful evil
    • you have not been to another worldmap location after killing Lareth
    • the bandits are not in the courtyard (applies to courtyard scenario only)
    Extract to your root directory and overwrite.

[re-uploaded 08.03.2008 with tweaks to hopefully overcome the attachee.destroy problem Sitra identified]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
  7. Gaear

Here is a comprehensive fix to krunch's Hickory Branch skeleton key problem. The keys obtained at HB will no longer open every locked chest in the game, and they will not turn the lightning trap control box into a container.

• adds new distinct keys to the half-orc commander and HB crypt minotaur
    • removes the old skeleton keys from both
    • changes pertinent references in the orc and minotaur's chests to the new keys
    • locks the orc commander's chest (for some reason krunch had a key for an unlocked chest - ponder that irony in relation to the lightning trap problem for a while :shame:)
    • moves the orc commander's key out from underneath some gold in his inventory
    Extract to root directory and overwrite with Co8 as the active module.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
  8. Shiningted

Nice work Gaear :clap:

Here is the update to Ah Fong's inventory: it is now set to respawn properly after 24 hours (and worked flawlessly in testing!) and gives him the new monk weapons, + masterwork variations, when he does so.

Unzip to root folder with Co8 5.0.0 as active module. Or to temp, and do manually - there's only 2 files :)

Attached Files:

9. Shiningted

The fix for the incorrectly-modeled weapons posted above. Sorry this tok so long - I was hoping I could fix it without changing the protos.tab but there was a duplicate number in there - oops :(

Attached Files:

• data.zip
      File size:
      120.8 KB
      Views:
  10. Gaear

• Shiningted's .dll update
    • Shiningted's Murfles fix
    • My Big 3 Ambush fix - final
    • My Skeleton Key fix
    • Shiningted's Ah Fong's inventory update
    • Shiningted's incorrectly modeled weapons fix

Special note: with this release, the CMF patch has been bumped to the next generation number (5.0.6) due to the .dll update, which is a major change. This means you will have to start a new game after installing. When in doubt, see the 'Start a New Game Threat Meter' in the CMF download thread in the Downloads forum.

11. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Attached are the most up to date protos.tab and strategy.tab files. This is built on top of 5.0.6, and also includes a change to Belsornig and his minions' AI and spell selection.

They will now hit you with Unholy Blight, two Sonic Bursts and a Dispel Magic (and more). Belsornig is also scripted to pre-buff with: Freedom of Movement, Protection From Energy (Fire), Bear's Endurance and Shield of Faith.

Also, Merrolan and Nalorrem had more spells than they should have given their Wisdom score, so I reduced it to what it should be (one Level 2 spell, three Level 1 spells).

Added to the CMF 08.17.2008

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2008
  12. Gaear

There is a known issue in which the ToEE combatintro.mp3 is overwritten if you install and play the KotB demo, due to the fact that front end shares music files across modules. This means that ToEE will then use the KotB combatintro, which isn't timed correctly for ToEE. This submission restores the ToEE combatintro.mp3 to its original state.

Applying this is not necessary for those who haven't installed KotB, but it doesn't hurt anything to install it anyway.

Extract to root directory with Co8 active and overwrite as usual.

Added to the CMF 08.17.2008

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  13. Gaear

• Sitra Achara's protos.tab and strategy.tab updates and Belsornig and minions AI updates
    • My combatintro.mp3 restoration fix

14. Shiningted

Re: Grossly overpowered magic items

Ring of Resonance

Item # 6655, as well as Ring of Force Shield (item # 6653) and another Ring of Chameleon Power (item # 6654). See THIS thread here.

Added to the CMF 08.31.2008

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2008
  15. Gaear

• Shiningted's Rings mod

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!