4...count them...4 inconsistencies...ah,ah,ah

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Necroticpus, Jul 10, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

Ya. I haven't seen any outcome of the spell except for damage, removing the creature or they are confused with little red swirly things around them. It would be great to see them petrified and whatnot. Maybe a little puddle of goo for acid death. For insanity, maybe it would turn the creatures into Courtney Love for a time.

2. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

Or into one of the modders here!! :poke:

Uh oh....

3. Necroticpus

Ok, what gives? This is coming from waaaay out of left field. My party is standing around at the inn in Hommlet, pounding gorilla farts with jag chasers, just getting pigged. I'm changing around some spells, checking stats, checking out what I can craft (how DO you craft a Monk Belt anyways? I would think 17th level would be sufficient considering there aren't any pre-reqs for it but it won't let me.) when all of a sudden, out of the deep nowhere, I see a debuff just appear for no good reason on my sorceress crafter. I hover over it and it's the Hezrou's Stench debuff, starting at 92/100 ticks.

The very last time I had fought the hezrous in the water node, she acquired it but that was a couple/few days ago. I have rested and re-rested many millions of times since that time. It has long since wore off, but here it comes again, as if it just missed me and dropped in to say hi. I didn't really spend a lot of time investigating it as there's really nothing I can do about it except rest it off again and hope that it doesn't just go into remission to resurface at a later date. What's up with that? Is it an STD or something?

4. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Almost sounds like a disease effect. I wonder if some cruel-hearted modder threw a new disease into the game?

5. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

A new version of the "permanency" bug, perhaps? Never heard of it fading in/out like that, though. :scratchhe

6. Necroticpus

This one here is just awesome. I almost decided not to say anything about it but this is just too good. Sit down and grab something solid. Here it goes...

I was doing Hickory Branch. All 5 characters leveled in this part of the game. One of my party is a sorcerer. I leveled my sorcerer up right then. I did skills, feats and spells. We moved on to the next encounter in Hickory Branch. At the beginning of the next encounter, I noticed that the spells that I just picked for leveling up were able to be used immediately by my sorcerer, WITH NO REST! This is a very helpful bug, if bug it really is. I wouldn't think it was meant to be useable immediately. Just don't make any sense. In my case, I learned the fireball spell and wanked away the rest of hickory Branch without even batting an eyelash due to getting the spells without resting. Was able to walk up to the fiendish minotaur and basically kick him right in the twins and slap him in the face afterwards.

7. Necroticpus

My second party, all hybrids, are all 20th level. The druid is more like my necromancer, having greater necromantic focus and all the destructive death type spells. This is the thing. Black puddings. They can be killed outright by a necromantic spell like finger of death or brought to null health by doing a harm spell. Both "divine" spells.

My sorcerer can disintegrate them and do all sorts of damage to them but they are not affected by any power word spells, like power word kill, because of racial immunity. This is odd to me. I guess you could say that the divine spells kill them good because they come from a god, even though puddings and oozes and jellies and fungus and toe jam and belly button lint and smegma are as neutral as you can get but wherever the sorcerer's magic comes from, (the force?) doesn't cut it. I haven't tried horrid wilting or all die on them yet as they only appear one at a time and it would be too much waste of great death magic. I'm going to have the party create 30 or so of them and try them later tonight maybe. :dribble:

*edit*
    If druid's magic comes from nature, much like THE FORCE, where exactly does wizard/sorcerer/bardic magic come from?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  8. realmzmaster

realmzmaster Established Member

I was in the battle with Hedrack. I had cast greater invisibility on all my party members. I surround Hedrack with my paladin, fighter and druid. My rogue and wizard stood back as artillery. Yes I know I could probably sneak attack with my rogue, but I wanted to see what happened. My paladin hit Hedrack and the battle started.
    Unfortunately Hedrack got out a call to Iuz. He appear and went through the dialogue. I had my druid cast Summon monster VI: Large Earth elemental to keep everything including Iuz busy. Since I was still invisible I move my party one at a time back down the hall. I was far enough away and combat ended. Being curious I had my rogue sneak back to see what was happening. Lo and behold I see six Culberts and one Iuz! One Culbert went through his dialogue with Iuz. Iuz semi-diappeared. He healed Hedrack and the others. The Culberts did not disappear. I inched my rogue ahead and combat ensured. The Culberts started dealing out damage to Hedrack who had enlarged and everything else. I watch as the Culberts went on a path of destruction. The funny thing is that it kept saying friendly fire. The battle ended I was awarded all the experience.
    The Culberts then went through the dialogue again (each one!) and diappeared! I simply when around and collected everything. Has this happened to anyone else?:dribble:

9. Necroticpus

How about this one? A druid's skill set doesn't contain cpncentration, which is a major league badness. Sorcerers and wizards and clerics have it, but as a caster/fighter, a druid who is in combat and wants to cast a spell is really hosed as any hit will disrupt the spell cast, so basically they are just meant to be fighters as they don't really have any decent spells to stand at the back of the party and wank away with fireballs, disintegrations, power words and whatnot.

10. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I worry about your install, Mr N. Every spellcaster - including Rangers, Bards and Paladins, but particularly Druids, should have Concentration as a class skill. Mine certainly does.

Attached Files:

11. Avatar_do_Grafite

Avatar_do_Grafite Established Member

Necroticpus

Well, althought this druid of Shinningted comes from a word of Alchemy - that is not the case in ToEE, even with all the moding done - I shall say ya that druids do have Concentration as class skill. I'm runing two, right now - a point-buy one and Meleny - and both have Concentration. Or yer instalation have a problem, or ya have a vision problem, or maybe ya have choosed a Barbarian instead of a druid for that half-orc of yours. ;)

12. Necroticpus

No, I never have any other races in my party except humans. My installation could be borked because I don't have no alchemy or disguise skills either.

13. Avatar_do_Grafite

Avatar_do_Grafite Established Member

Necroticpus

That snapshot is from a character of The Keep on the Borderland, not form the Temple. We dont have Alchemy and Disguise in ToEE, dont worry.
    But Druids HAVE concentration. Check it again.
    The half-orc thing was just a joke, lad. It makes no diference in the skills ya have to choose in yer character, right?

14. realmzmaster

realmzmaster Established Member

Mr. N,

I am running a druid right now! He most definitely has the concentration skill.

15. Necroticpus

Ok, I'm stuck. I started a chaotic-neutral party and cannot get out of the starting place! What's up with that? 2 fighters, rogue, cleric and wizard. Killed all 3 monsters in there and opend both chests. I even put some things in both chests and still nothing. I am missing something, I am positive of it. I've passed time, like 36 hours now. Do you need an elf to find a secret door or something?

In case you are not familiar or have forgotten, the chaotic neutral party starts in a small 4 room temple under the Flaeness. The first thing you see in the main room is a monument of some blue chick with 5 places to grovel and pray around it. I have tried standing each character on those and nothing. I have even tried talking dirty to the game and the computer and still nothing.

Anyone know what to do? If you help me get out of this, there won't be any reward, BUT, when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive TOTAL consciousness. So you'll have that going for you. Which is nice.

Our Host!