4.0 and the console?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by wizgeorge, Dec 20, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

I just finished my third try at 4.0 and it went well thru level 4. I use Thrommel thru level4 and then send him home. I decided to replace one of my fighters, so I idismissed him and created a slightly better one at the Welcome Wench, exact same stats, feats, etc. Roamed about back and forth to Nulb and the Temple until the Scather reward and lo and behold the empty blue circle for Fruella and Meleny. Morpheus sent me a fix for the Knights .dlg file sometime ago but I couldn't find it, so I quit. I do know that if you ask the console to do something out of context you get the big white T. I know the rule is use the console at your own risk, so anyone care to comment?

2. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

its not consoling out of context really, its consoling something that doesn't exist that causes problems and crashes, if you console in scather it shouldn't cause you problems.

I don't normally Play with NPCs apart form Zaxis but in my last run through I had a few and weird stuff happened :shrug:

3. wizgeorge

I modified the widow Mathilde .dlg files so she is a npc now, Then i used the console to boost her scores and magic items. She levels-up as a wizard. Got the big white T in her inventory and went inside the inn and CTD. Reset everything and re-started computer. This time I have a quiver with 1 arrow, but no white T and no CTD. Go figure. Modifying .dlg, protos files and that console sure causes problems but I'm learning.

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

What does the T represent? I'd say u mistyped something when giving her magic items.

Maybe u could try killing something (like a wandering goblin), opening its inventory to loot then dragging the T item over there and leaving it on the body. Then leave.

5. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

droping T's seems to cause me CTDs and I get them now and then when I type give 40169 or some other typo, and map changes with T's also cause CTD's. I'd say just save before using the console so if you screw up then you can just reload.

6. wizgeorge

I'm playing Co83.04 with Humble npc, and max hp and I think I may have tried to give an item from 4.0 that's not available in 3.04. I've played 4.0 four times now and never had a CTD, even with my fiddling with the files and such. 4.0 is good.

Our Host!