33kb no cd has a Trojan

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Mazra, Jun 9, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Mazra

Mazra Member

Hi Everyone,

Well I managed to download a no-cd crack to get the game to run. I had to use version 1 because version 2 is said to contain a Trojan by my virus scan. But I have the inability to loot bug, and really need the 33kb no cd crack. I have downloaded this crack twice now, and from different sources, yet both contain a Trojan. (It is a bad name for the type of virus, because it was the Greeks that built the sneaky wooden horse.) ;)

So I am stuck again.

Later,

Mazra

2. vampiricpuppy

vampiricpuppy cuddly nosferatu

3. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

The short version of that thread is: the trojan warning is a false positive. The no-cd does bypass the securerom on the cd, which is probably what makes it register as a trojan, but there is no virus.

4. darkmoon

darkmoon Member

To reiterate. There is no Trojan at all. Just a simple dll hack which circumvents the securom decoding routine. Compare the size of the original and the no-cd. It probably has similarities to other hacks/trojans which would be the cause for some scanners to give a positive.

5. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

And another thing (very important): never EVER use version 1 no-cd with the co8 mods unless you like to run into problems. 80% (or more) of what's in the co8 mod is patch 2-dependent so it either won't work at all, or will kinda work 50-50 and will leave you guessing as to what the heck is wrong with the thing. If you choose to keep using version 1, don't tell us we didn't warn you of the consequences. ;)

- Agetian

Our Host!