Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lord_Spike, Mar 8, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Okay, you die-hard DnD MF'-ers; why haven't a single one of you posted about THIS movie yet? It's only the greatest battle story of all time:

(Official movie site) 300themovie.warnerbros.com

(Everything else you might care to know about it) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/300_(film)

I've been awaiting it for some time, now; Zorn, Curufin & I plan to catch the first showing at 1300 on 3/9/07. Of course, we'll be getting in some table-top play before & after. It's rated 5 stars by almost everyone who's seen it; the others have given it 4+. One review has described it as being the promise of cinema finally being realized.

It's going to be great!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2007
  2. ShadowDragoon

ShadowDragoon Advocate of Vengence

The concept of the movie does sound exceptionally good. I just don't get the chance to see movies that often, so I most likely won't get the chance at it until it's out on video. Plus, it's just no fun to go to a movie by yourself...

3. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Yep! Me and the Mrs will surely be seeing it this weekend. It's the story of the Ultimate Infantry in the truest sense. I believe it's designed for IMAX theaters, but there isn't one in Orlando except for Disney and they want way to much money.

ps.....been waiting and waiting for this weekend :)

4. Lord_Spike

Well...I saw it in amazing DLP at a stadium-seating style theater just outside of the main gate of a huge army training base. The house was packed, and fully 60% of the audience were some of our nation's finest. I rather expected a lot of Hu-a type rowdiness, but (thankfully) none of that manifested itself. Everyone was absolutely transfixed during the show; including yours truly. Only once was there any type of outburst of any kind; sporadic cheers & restrained applause on the death of a traitor at the hands of the queen. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie, but was not moved to emotion (like I sometimes am) in my dotage by such spectacles. Perhaps it was easier to disassociate oneself due to the movie's overall appearance & graphic-novel style. This is the only thing I found curious about the entire experience; but it was incredibly well done, and I recommend it to all.

5. krunch

krunch moving on in life

I saw the movie today. One word to describe the movie comes to mind, excellent.

A couple of nudity scenes and two sex scenes were like a backdrop in the movie due to the continual epic nature of the movie plot and how the movie dealt with the philosophy and opinions of a society on waging war against all odds for all the right reasons - much drama content (including background on Sparta) and the fight scenes and special effects were spectacular. There was a lot to enjoy watching this movie.

I was going to wait to buy the movie on dvd and watch it. However, I saw an interview on television about the movie and decided to see it at the theater. It was well spent money.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2007
  6. Lord_Spike

Big screen is the way to go with this film; at least once. I'll be picking up a copy ASAP. And the soundtrack will be mine as soon as I see it in a store. I'm hoping for some type of collector's edition when the dvd comes out.

Our Host!