2 builds to ponder

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by birdman, Jun 9, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. birdman

birdman Member

I am restarting the game with a 5 pax dual class team. I never really use the bard as a PC unless I bump into Zaxis. I will use a 1/2 Elf Bard as the face of the team but to make them tougher, how many levels of fighter should I add? Also my elf wizard needs to toughen up. I was thinking of adding some monk levels since I rarely play that class in any D&D venture. How many levels of monk should I add to the wizard or will 2 suffice. The others will be a (with the main class listed first) fighter/paladin, a druid/ranger (for the bow skills), and a cleric/fighter.

2. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Add in 2 levels of fighter for the bard early, then go to level 11 as a bard, then you can add in some more fighter levels, maybe to level 4 for weapon specialization.

If you need to toughen up your wizard, give him a toad familiar. Don't multiclass the wiz, it will hurt him in the long run. Leave him in the back, with the bard as his personal guard, then wait for him to get to 5th level for fireballs. His spells will more than make up for his early level weakness. he may end up with the most kills in the party.

3. Kilraven

Kilraven Chaotic Good Lich

I agree with Gen. Ghoul, single class the wizard and give it a bow or cross-bow.
    (high or max dexterity, I include the two beginning bow feats)

Keep him in the rear with a bodyguard and take craft wand when available (5th lvl off-hand)

Specialization is a personal choice depending on party design, sometimes it's good and sometimes it bites you on the rear mid-game.

Our Host!