Volunteers needed - beta testing next Temple+ release

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Sitra Achara, Oct 1, 2020.

Remove all ads!
Tags:
  1. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

Not that I can recall, why?

2. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Once you have satisfied yourself that it contains nothing suspicious (apart from the mod_specs.json thing which I understand is required to get the overrides folder to work) extract the attached into your Temple of Elemental Evil directory.

I have found no way other than by empirical experiment of determining whether the turn undead stacking is working at the right level so would appreciate feedback please

Attached Files:

3. Nightcanon

Oh, great. Have apparently successfully downloaded and installed, and Sacred Outlaw is waiting on the feat list for me to pick up. I'm a bit limited for time in the next few days but will have a good look as soon as I can. Thanks very much!

4. Windscion

Windscion Member

Okay, started a new party. Hit Deklo grove, Elf Paladin w/ a glaive, enemy spider 1 well in range of donut, I cannot attack spider 1. Spider 1 can attack me. Is this just a graphics thing where it looks like an enemy is in the donut but is actually closer? I should probably try again but give the elf a non-reach wpn as backup, maybe avoid TPK. Thing is, my druid w/ scimitar cannot attack spider 2, but spider 2 can attack her. Do they have reach and know to exploit the donut?
    Note: Ofc we are all webbed. Only rogue acted before spiders.

5. dolio

dolio Established Member Supporter

I'm not 100% sure how the donut works. But I would guess that it is not sufficient for some part of the spider to be within the yellow area. Rather, it is probably essential that no part of the spider's radius (the blue circle) is inside the donut. If it is, you're probably considered too close to effectively use your weapon.

If it didn't work this way, I'm not sure the donut would impose any penalty at all, because an enemy would have to fit entirely inside the donut to not be attacked. But the actual difference between the inner donut radius and the wielder's radius (which is the closest you can normally get) is less than the diameter of most creatures.

The deklo spiders probably naturally get that close because they don't have much reach themselves. I don't think there's sophisticated AI versus opponents with reach.

6. Nightcanon

Hi, sorry for the delay in feeding back, have had limited opportunity to try this out until recently.
    My Sacred Outlaw is currently Rog3/ Cleric of Olidammara 6, having bagged the Sacred Outlaw feat at 6th level (Rog3/CLr2 to CLr3). Sneak attack dice have been correct throughout, and there was a noticeable bump in turning ability on hitting level 6: consistent with turning as Clr 6 after previously turning as Clr 2. The Shadows on level 3 of the temple are responding to being turned in the way that they usually do when I have a cleric turn them at this sort of stage in the game (about half per room destroyed per attempt, with the survivors being further away and perhaps out of range on attempt #1). So seems to be working as intended. Thanks very much for this!

Pygmy likes this.
  7. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Does Temple+ provide proper feedback /dicerolls for turning? Not being critical (I'm just shouting from the bleachers re Temple+), but that would have been in my top 5 for things to implement.

8. Nightcanon

Nope, all I'm getting is "skeleton is destroyed".

9. dolio

I could probably add the turning roll to the feedback (maybe with an option). Turn vs. destroy is (or should be) completely determined by level, though.

10. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

@dolio
    What about abilities besides level which affect turning such as Improved Turning?

Thankee!

11. dolio

Well, things like that make it act as if you were a different level. What I mean is that it's not affected by the dice roll parts of turning. Rolling high on the 'maximum hit dice of a single affected undead' doesn't make you destroy higher hit dice undead.

Our Host!