Worldmap Issues

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Gaear, Jan 8, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

There is an issue with the current modpack wherein the worldmap does the following: when one of the new worldmap areas becomes activated, one of the vanilla locations becomes quasi-activated - the handwriting for it appears and the red pulsing location circle thingie will activate if you hover over the corresponding location, but the location itself doesn't appear and it's not listed among the names. If you click the pulsing thing, you can actually go there, which leads in all sorts in inappropriate activity.

This started happening after the worldmap update in v7.5 where, using Spellslinger's Worldmapper tool, I moved Welkwood Bog and Hickory Branch to the new Spellslinger slots and restored the Temple satellite worldmap locations that WB and HB had previously taken over (in the vain hope that it would fix jerkstop, which it didn't). I don't really want to roll it back again at this point.

It's currently typically manifested by seeing Imeryds Run as described above after you get Welkwood Bog on your map, but it can also happen in other configurations. For example, if I console in Verbobonc as known in a new game, Emridy Meadows will appear as described above.

I have a fleeting but fairly distinct recollection that this was once an issue with an older modpack as applies to the Moathouse Cave Exit, although of course I can't find anything about that here. (It may have only been a development level thing if I fixed it before releasing it in a mod, but if it is, I stupidly didn't tell myself how I fixed it, ha-ha.) Does anyone remember anything like that?

Also, @Shiningted, did you ever have similar issues with the KotB worldmap?

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

No, but I have't introduced any of Spell-Slinger's new areas (I still have a couple of original maps up my sleeve). I am having trouble with the gnoll caravan ambush RE map in KotB, but thats for a seperate thread one of these days.

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Okay, thanks.

Our Host!