What are the odds

Discussion in 'Troika's unannounced title' started by Grayth, Dec 10, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. Grayth

Grayth Member

Since all the posts have been "Accidentally" deleted I'll be the first to ask this.

What are the odds of Troika getting the Fallout license from a certain company I am too upset with to mention their name without saying bad things...

This would rock.

2. Ausir

Ausir Beholder Overseer Veteran

Well, I think it would be great, but I'm not sure if Troika can afford it, as ToEE unfortunately didn't sell very well...
    As can be seen at Chris Glenn's website (he's a Troika artist), he has made some post-apoc looking art recently (http://www.cglenn.com/), so even if their next game is not Fallout, it might be something similar :).

There are some other people who want the Fallout license... (http://www.rpgcodex.com/index.php#1626)

3. Aestas

Aestas Member

As much as I love FO, I think that Troika should go with something original here. I give them enough credit for their creative development to believe a new game could be worth losing the recognition of the FO title.

Chris has some awesome ideas to illustrate that.

4. Neuromancer

Neuromancer Member

I believe that the Fallout license would be well-handled by Troika, however, i'm more in favor of Troika going there own way rather than work with licensed games. If if recall correctly, Troika expressed interest in the Fallout license, but it was a financial impossibility. Perhaps its for the best. I have more interest in their unanounced post-apocalyptic title than anything to do with Fallout now.

5. silvannus

silvannus Member

A long time since anybody posted here :) . I think Bethesda software is developing the new chapter of the Fallout saga. I trust them enough as the best alternative, if Troika was economically unable to buy the license.

Anyway, what are the guys of Troika going to do with all the work they have already done?

6. Ellester

Ellester Member

I think there is a great chance of Troika getting this game released. My crystal Ball tells me Troika is going to be making a lot of games in the future. Heck, I bet they have 3 games in development right now!

7. 0rion79

0rion79 Established Member

hey, I remember that troika does not exist anymore and that its member leaved each other because of financial breakdown. But those news may just be old.

8. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

Well, this thread was started in 2003, of course it is old news. And Ellester, from your cynical tone I'd say you spend too much time on the Codex. ;)

9. Ellester

Ellester Member

there might be some truth in that statement. :paranoid:

10. silvannus

silvannus Member

I hope your cristal ball works ;)

Our Host!