Spawning an item in my party's inventory

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Ducwingen, Jan 8, 2018.

Remove all ads!
  1. Ducwingen

Ducwingen Member

Hello, I am new to Co8 & the game as well. I tried the console command to add an item

give#### and the console replies
    ok

then in the inventory of whomever I chose appears an icon for quiver of arrows that says "do not use"

just wondering what that is all about. I did not use it of course & I dropped it in an out of the way place lol.

The much longer version does work however. like I said just wondering. Otherwise, thanks to all the people who created the Mod & all the really interesting stuff going on here!

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

The give command in the console does work when the item number is valid, do not use arrows and even worse doors appear when the item number is wrong.

You should select 1 party member before using the give #### command, the item should appear in the selected character's inventory.

Use the item numbers listed in description.mes, for the most part these work just fine. Don't spawn monsters or scenery objects in this manner as it will cause you issues.

Also bare in mind that use of the console in this manner has been linked to saved game corruption, this is well documented on these forums, though no definitive reason or fix for saved game corruption has been found yet.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  3. florian1

florian1 Established Member

I think you also need to leave a space between "give" and "####".

4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I'd go back to a save before you ever input that command, because it could come back to haunt you later unexpectedly (and with no indication of why).

5. Ducwingen

Ducwingen Member

Oh well too late to go back to a save :(
    It was a proper code from the .mes list 4202 masterwork shortbow & I did choose a PC first. Like I said though I used the long version & it worked fine.
    I just hope Gaear is wrong, but it was what I kind of feared, that's why I brought it up. I do habitually have 3 saves of different points in the game.
    Needless to say I will never, ever use that command again.
    Thanks for help though!

Our Host!