Persistant ctds any saved game after Hedrack fight

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Legless, Jul 18, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. Legless

Legless Established Member

Hi,
    in both version 7.7NC where I tried a 5pc CE party, and 7.8NC, where I played my normal 6pc CG party, the game CTDs after the Hedrack fight. I doesn't matter what saved game I load after that, whenever I move to a different level or use Teleport the game crashes. I don't know if its a window 7 professional 64bit problem (my system) or something to do with the modvers 7.7NC and 7.8NC. I use a stand alone directory C:\ Temple of Elemental Evil and have always been able to play beyond this point in previous versions. Its very frustrating because I would like to get to Verbo and see the new shops! I can't imagine it being the new modvers, so can anyone suggest anything to resolve this? I use crafted and wondrous items in my party, but nothing "Imported" via the console, in fact I never use the console for anything.

Thanks in advance

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Sorry Legless, but ToEE features random crashes and save corruption pretty regularly. There's really no way to know what went wrong and when unless you've been keeping a detailed log of your crafting (#1 suspect IMO).

Has anybody else been having issues getting out of the 4th level Temple?

3. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

No, sir - I had no crashes whatsoever on dungeon level 4 of the Temple of Elemental Evil (I also killed Hedrack). I did however experience a CTD when my party tried to use a door portal (the throne elevator) to exit Zuggtmoy's prison level - I suspect that the reason why my game crashed was because my party's characters were still under the effect of a summoned Vrock's debuff or crowd control spell (my characters had a dark cloud surrounding each of them) (Zuggtmoy summoned 3 Vrocks during the combat against her).

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  4. Legless

Thanks G, I think I'll try a party sans crafting, I was only improving looted stuff, not bought items, but if it was already magical, like the Silver Sword of Chaos, that might have contributed to the CTD's. I was planning ahead for later tough battles, maybe I could wait till later and only craft if I'm having difficulty with the various battles in the NC vers post temple.

5. Legless

I retried without crafting and managed to teleport away after the Hedrack fight. I also managed just fine without crafted gear. Thanks again Gaear for your help.

Our Host!