Issue with ice storm spell

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by StrontiumDog, Jul 30, 2018.

Remove all ads!
  1. StrontiumDog

StrontiumDog Established Member

I noticed in a recent game I played almost to the end before something mysteriously wiped out my TOEE game(an antivirus?) that the ice storm spell had no extra effect on the fire salamanders in the Fire Temple of the Temple of Elemental Evil. By contrast, the cone of cold spell had a much bigger effect than usual, which was to be expected since they were FIRE salamanders. Could this spell be corrected in this regard, so as to be much more effective against fire-based creatures, along with similiar cold-related spells, if needed(snowball swarm , chill touch etc.)?

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

The damage dished out by Ice Storm is half Bludgeoning damage and half Cold damage, the Salamanders may be taking extra damage from the cold damage portion, and recieving low damage from the Bludgeoning damage rolls.

NB: Chill Touch doesn't do Cold damage, it's a Negative Energy effect that also causes Strength damage to living targets or scares Undead targets.

Our Host!