Crash w/ Sorcerer lvl. 14

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by ScottyInsane, Feb 27, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. ScottyInsane

ScottyInsane Wrestling Addict

Hi !

when my sorcerer gets to the level 14, after selecting the spells and when i want to "finish" the level-up process, the game crashes, just returning to the desktop.
    I use patch 2 with Co8 Mod4 and Temple Front End.
    i once had a problem too with a rnager at level 14 too i think, I stayed blocked on the "favored ennemy selection" unable to continue the process.
    Thx by advance for any answers.

2. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

This was a known thing with rangers due to the favored enemy slot. Not so much so with Sorcerers. Maybe one of the modders will weigh in here.

3. ScottyInsane

I tried to find some answer on the boards, but found nothing concerning the ranger and i hope that the modders will help for everything :yes:

4. ScottyInsane

bump ! so no answer to my problems for the sorcerer ? (for the rangers it's ok, i'll dual class him)

5. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Simply stated, Sorcerers and Rangers should multiclass when leveling greater than level 10. There is no fix for the issues. I do not know of any modders who would have the necessary technical knowledge or ability within modding that can be done to work on the issues. Sorry.

6. ScottyInsane

well in fact there is not a problem with sorcerers, there's a problem with Level 7 Spells, may they be for Wizards, Sorcerers or Clerics. As soon as a I select a 7 level spell, the game crashes.

7. krunch

krunch moving on in life

There's an issue with playing high level sorcerers. Maybe you could also have a problem with a saved game, too. Maybe someone else has some input, insight or thoughts?

8. Blair

Blair Unwanted Construct

All of the player-accessible spells above level 5 were modded, many by Darmagon and some by Allyx as well. Check out the "new spell zip" thread for info on ensuring they are installed correctly so you can use them--even if you have to reinstall, the extra work is worth it if you are a magic-using fan.

Part of the problem may be that high level sorcerers and bards are entitled to know more spells at some levels than actually exist to be picked. This results in the inability to proceed further with level-up, and sometimes a freeze or CTD. (It can also occur with wizards, but only if you went totally ape learning spells from scrolls so there are not two spells left for you to learn.)

Multiclassing is probably your best bet if this is true in your case. Since we still haven't figured out how to get multiclass spellcasters their full spell allotment each day, taking levels of monk (if lawful) or rogue/ranger/fighter/barbarian (if not) will make your sorcerer more versatile and last longer in combat to boot.

Just so we can try to figure out where your problem is coming from, give us your system specs and tell us what patches and mods you have installed (and the order applied, if you can remember). Perhaps we can suggest a better solution than a full reinstall.

--Blair
    "Look, when I said 'Bite me!' I didn't actually mean bite me! It was a figure of speech!"

9. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

While I'd love to take credit for that, i cannot, I did do some higher than 5th level spells, but they didn't work too well, and Darmagon is gonna do them properly soon (hopefully).

10. Niko

Niko Member

Do you have anywhere a full list of what high level spells have been added in the new spell addon? I could not find any such list, but then again I might have just fumbled my search roll ;).

11. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

The spells are available from this thread.

The list of spells include...
    Analyze Dweomer
    Delayed Blast Fireball
    Disintegrate
    Finger of Death
    Flaming Sphere
    Holy Sword
    Mass Heal
    Mordenkainen's Sword
    Prismatic Spray
    Tenser's Transformation
    Wierd
    Mass Bear's Endurance
    Mass Bull's Strength
    Mass Cat's Grace
    Mass Eagles Spendor
    Mass Fox's Cunning
    Mass Owl's Wisdom
    Mass Cure Moderate Wounds
    Mass Cure Serious Wounds
    Mass Cure Crtical Wounds
    and fixes for a whole bunch of other spells, that make them castable by paladin's and rangers.

12. Niko

Niko Member

Thank you :).

Our Host!