crafting

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Bubonic, Jan 8, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. Bubonic

Bubonic Member

Hello,
    Im not to good with the rules for the D&D games as i dont have the source books and having some issues with things. First i would like to craft an amulet of wisdom for my monk, and it says i dont require a spell and i have enough xp, and money? but it wont let me make the thing, an allot of items seem to be out of bounds even tho i meet all the requirements. And with my masterworks sword i can only make it +3 and cant add any extra aspects to the bugger.

thanks to anyone who can help this numpty, and make fun of me if its well obviouse.

Thank you please

2. Grayth

Grayth Member

With regards to the amulet you need to be able to cast "Owl's Wisdom" as I recall. Since this is a cleric spell you need to be a cleric.

With regards to the sword. You can have at most +3 worth of abilities on a weapon in this game.

+3 to hit

or

+2 to hit with a +1 ability like frost or fire

or

+1 to hit with a +2 ability like flame burst or holy

Does this help?

Grayth

3. Bubonic

Bubonic Member

It is my cleric with the crafting skill, it says SPELL_NONE so maybe i dont have the spell,i just thought it ment as in you dont need a spell. the sword makes sense thank you, it just wouldnt let me apply anything other than +3 to it tho, i wouldnt actually let me have like +2 and fire +3 was the onyl option, thanks you for your offer of help tho

4. Kespoosh

Kespoosh Member

@Grayth
    Uh...No...I have crafted The Cattle Prod (Mighty Cleaving, Shocking Burst, Icy Burst, Flaming Short Sword of Frost and Shock +3) :p Or is this just a bug in my game?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2004
  5. Gastrian

Gastrian Member

I heard you needed to be Lvl10 to add on the extras to the weapons.

6. Kespoosh

Kespoosh Member

The requirements, I believe, are something like this:
    Holy, Axiomatc, Anarchic, Chaotic- Cleric of level 9 or higher with the relevant domain (e.g. Good, Law, etc)
    Mighty Cleaving- Cleric level 9 with Strength domain? Not sure
    Flaming, Flaming Burst- Unsure, Wizard 9th with a particular fire spell, it's not Fireball though, same for Burst but you must be 10th
    Icy, Icy Burst- Wizard 9th (Icy) with Ice Storm, same for Burst but you must be 10th
    Shock, Shocking Burst- Lightning Bolt (I think) 9 for regular and 10 for Burst
    +1- Level 3
    +2- Level 6
    +3- Level 9
    If I've forgotten any just tell me and I'll post the requirements.

7. Gastrian

Gastrian Member

I can get +3 at level 6

8. Kespoosh

Kespoosh Member

I believe that's a bug that will charge you the 9k GP but leave you with a +2 weapon

Our Host!