Character Editor

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by JerryB, Jul 22, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. JerryB

JerryB Established Member

I guess that bringing older threads to the top is frowned on here, so I guess I'll start a new thread on a prior topic to avoid doing that. THe previous discussion that I found doesn't cover the mechanics of using the editor.

Anyway, how do you use the character editor? Do you unzip it into your atari directory?

2. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Bringing up long dead threads to post your opinion on a long dead topic if frowned upon. Bringing up long dead threads to post a valid question is another matter entirely. And we applaud doing research in the old threads before posting a question. Thank you for doing that.

Unzip it where you like. Mine is on my desktop. You will have to navigate to where your character files are stored to load them. It won't just find them automatically. They are in Atari\Temple of Elemental Evil\modules\<mod name>\players.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2006
  3. JerryB

Works pretty good. The whole reason I wanted to use it was to correct some poor choices I made in initial feet selection.

In this case it didn't help because I wanted to give my second string fighter combat reflexes to try and counter the enemy's "wizard rush" tactic with a flat footed attack of opportunity and extra AoO in the case of a second rusher, and combat reflexes isn't on the feat list of the character editor.

I guess I can just make another character though, and edit in the same ability scores for him, choosing better feats this time.

4. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Combat Reflexes is on the list, just not where you expect it to be. It is number 580 on the list.

5. JerryB

Thank's , now I won't have to make new characters for my restart of the game with 5.0 final installed instead of 5.o beta.

6. jkhristian

jkhristian Member

Where can I get this editor?

7. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Last edited: Aug 7, 2006
Our Host!