Blacksmith and NPCs in party

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by silo25, Jan 12, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. silo25

silo25 Established Member

can this be changed? the blacksmith will not talk to you with Scoorp the hill giant in the party, anyway to change this without losing the NPC?

2. silo25

i mean can you go back and get him somewhere after you talk to a/an npc?

or does he attack every time you try to remove him

3. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

How would you feel in your normal little town if a huge monster suddenly appeared and wanted to talk to you? It makes sense that people are scared of Scorrp. Anyways, using him makes the game too easy. You don't want it to get boring ;)

4. Kragenskjold

Kragenskjold Member

If you have Darley in the group, you talk to her and ask her to leave then conduct your business as normal. As long as you do not leave the immediate area (i.e. force a map change) you can then reinvite her to the group. If you do change maps, she returns to the Fire node where you initially find her but with her XP and equipment intact an can be recruited once again.

Scorpp, on the otherhand will attack you should he be asked to leave. I haven't recruited Oolghrist yet so I'm not sure how he'll react, but it would be nice if all three behaved as Darley and remained where they are aside any map changes, with XP and equipment intact, else they return to thier point of origin.

5. emo_ome

emo_ome Butcher Of Hommlet

Speaking about old Scorppy, when you get him beaten once then he wants to join your party and you refuse because your party is full, he'll say something like "don't come back here if you know whats good for you", after that he'll attack even w/o killing his best dog "Spot".

I think he's been that attacking type from the very start (Vanilla?). :chairshot

6. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

What about when I walk through town with my dominated Umber Hulk and Ettin. The ettin shakes the ground with every step, but no one cares then.

7. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Regular people should tremble in fear at them as well, but the fact that they don't doesn't mean they should love Scorpp.

I don't think anyone's ever figured out exactly how those reactions work anyway, so the question is largely moot.

8. deuxhero

deuxhero Member

You can also remove Great Cheif from your party and put him back freely. Just beware he will go hostile if he sees Elmo (and presumably some other Homlet NPCs), so put a wall, distance or invisiblity on him before dismissing him.

9. silo25

thanks gaear, i was wondering if their reaction could be changed

10. silo25

thanks all for the replies all

Our Host!