Starting Gold ?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by jeff28, Sep 8, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. jeff28

jeff28 Member

Hi All

Glad I found your site. I have reinstalled the game and plan on playing thru it again. I bought at release and played thru without any of the patches. I have it all installed and using the front-end. When I started the game I noticed that I had 82+ plat. I don't remember having the much the first go thru and it seems like it will make it easier for me. Is there anyway I can have it start with the correct amount of gold or at least alot less.
    Thanks

2. windmillcrusadeR

windmillcrusadeR Windmillcrusader

yah, these guys rule. TOEE remains one of my favorite pc games, thanks to the studious work of the Co8.

3. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

Go see Terjon and make a generous donation.....:transform

4. zuluwarrior94

zuluwarrior94 Established Member

You know, 82 Platinum pieces is only 820 Gold pieces. If you started your party off unequipped, then you get the money to equip them at the traders where the game begins.

5. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

IIRC, the starting gold in the shopmap was set up to be RAW, which means it is somewhat variable - different classes have different ranges of starting gold to allow them to buy an appropriate amount of equipment. You may have gotten some lucky rolls - I don't remember ever starting with that much gold. How many characters are in your party? (Also, fighter and cleric heavy parties will have more gold as those classes get more to start than rogues, wizards, druids, bards or monks.) I would look at it as a blessing - I always have to figure out which character I have to gimp on starting equipment due to lack of funding...

6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

It was upped, for memory, to allow folks to buy their starting equipment at the caravan and still have cash left over to hire Elmo, do the tailor's 'pay for the uniforms' quest etc, if people spent wisely. The initial game gave you your gear as well as enough starting money to do these things, so it seemed unfair to penalise players who took these role-playing options just so we could say 'heh, now its RAW!'

7. Daniel

Daniel Established Member

but then again, if you have a greatsword-wielding fighter, make sure you buy the masterwork no-dachi (drools)... it has an awesome critical range on top of those 2D6, is a beaut, and is lighter than a greatsword!!!

:dance:

Our Host!