Some Questions.

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Sandra, Dec 29, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sandra

Sandra Member

Hi

I was a big fan of ToEE and played it twice.
    Now i have some questions.

1.) Are there any decent Mods for ToEE? Cause i don't really know if i want to play the pure ToEE story again.
    2.) Are there any other decent RPGs out i could play? I mean more RPGs in the style of ToEE or where you can actually develope your character and not just pick one class and lvl it up like in diablo or similar games.

2. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

1. Sure download Co8 5.0.0 - adds a bit of new stuff to the game
    2. Not that I know of.

3. Templar

Templar Established Member

1. Yep, as Cujo says but make sure you're patched up first with atari's official patch 1 and 2 and then install Co8's 5.0.0 but don't install atari's patch 3 it doesn't pair well with Co8's 5.0 but the fix in the 3rd patch is fixed in Co8's anyway

2. If you don't mind 2nd edition (or prefer it like i do, i'm old school) you might enjoy Baldur's Gate 2 shadows of amn. Its a few years old now I'll admit and you can't costomize quite as well but you can really specialize in specific weapons and there are tons of weapons and spells and loads of mage encounters and tons and tons of monsters.

If you havn't already played it and beat it a lot I'd say give it a try. Other then that, more recently there is Neverwinter Nights 2 (i hear it has too much story not enough action but i hear its good to) you could try that. Best of luck

4. Alrik Fassbauer

Alrik Fassbauer Established Member

2. I'd recommend the Realms of Arcania series. It's from the 90s, though.

5. webusver

webusver Established Member

Yes, that was the great thing. Especially "Star Trail". But it has ancient VGA graphics.

If to compare ToEE with more "modern" games, it seems that there are no exaclty the same games as ToEE. All those other AD&D have no turn based combat, just pause. This is bad. Though the most modern party AD&D is NWN2.

If to look for tactics I may recommend Wizardry8 a nice party RPG. It has good tactics.
    Nothing else special with tactics in RPG can be remembered... If the matter is pure party combat tactics, imho best tactics is in "Brigade E5". He-he, tactical "hack and slash" there is quite deadly cool!

6. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Try Fallout and Arcanum for some decent RPGs.

7. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines is a good RPG, its not D&D, or turn based but good fun? You can bet your fangs it is. :)

8. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Ultima V: Lazarus :notworthy if you have a copy of Dungeon Siege lying around.

9. Alrik Fassbauer

Alrik Fassbauer Established Member

Yes, I heard good reviews of Lazarus. I'll try it one day, too.

As a sidenote : It is not so that there aren't any good adventure games out there ... ;) The Longest Journey, for example ... ;)

10. Sandra

Sandra Member

Right, many thanks.
    I played Bloodlines, Dungeon Siege 2 and Realms of Arcania!
    I liked Bloodlines very much!
    Realms of Arcania of course too! It had a great system.
    Im afraid my computer wont run NWN2. I will try out some other games you mentioned.

The Longest Journey was a great adventure, right! :) There are a lot of good adventures out there.

Thanks for the awnsers and excuse my bad english :)

Our Host!