Here's a new one...

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Blacksheep, Dec 20, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Blacksheep

Blacksheep Member

My entire party was duplicated. Now my clones stand together assholes and elbows just outside the main temple entrance. They don't fight back 'cuz I attacked them and wiped them out with my 'real' party of adventurers.

So, unless there are any solutions to this, here are my options:

-kill them and have my Ranger wield TWO Scathers, wizard with TWO Orbs of Golden Death, etc.

-kill them and drop their items on random encounter maps as a sort of FRODO quest to rid my game of this evil.

-Ignore them.

-revert to an earlier save losing 2 character leves and about a solid 18 hours of gameplay.

Help!

2. webusver

webusver Established Member

How did you come to such life? :)
    Wow! Congratulations!
    Perhaps I'd revert to an earlier save. If you kill them you will receive some unexpected experience. Or any strange consequences may occur. Perhaps.
    But the final decision is up to you.

3. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

How was your party duplicated? Please explain in detail. Do you mean your pc characters you created were mirrored by the game? This is the first I've heard of this, and would would very much like to know the circumstances leading up to this.

4. Blacksheep

Blacksheep Member

I'm not entirely certain. I had no NPCs or animal companions, etc. IIRC I just traveled to the Temple Map, scrolled to the side entrance and clicked. Somehow it did not work and the party assembed on top of one another outside the entrance.

I clicked again and they went inside the TOEE. Later, when I exited there they were just as they stood before they went through the door. They responded like other NPCs in the game with no dialogue...their image would come up with a "Hmm" or "Yes" or something similar and that was it.

Like I said, I nuked them with fireballs for a test and they had all the same gear, but didn't fight back. I chose to go with an earlier save...

5. tommy1017

tommy1017 Member

id love too see that happen to my party but only if they fight back. i wonder if any of the smarter people have any ideas on how to cause this............

6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Sounds like the final scene of Ultima 4.

I say fight - what could be more fun than taking on a powerful group of adventurers with weapons like Scather etc.

7. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Mirror of Opposition...sounds like something we're gonna need for the Demonweb, anyways.

8. ShadowDragoon

ShadowDragoon Advocate of Vengence

Wasn't there a part in BG2 where you had to fight a mirror of your own party? Or maybe that was just an optional mod I found somewhere...

9. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

How cool would it be to fight an exact mirror of your party !!.........what if the AI is better at using them and I get my butt handed to me. I still think I wanna try it.

yes I know it will never be a mod, or at least not any time soon :)

Our Host!