Protos.tab question..

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by `Slippy-, Nov 30, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. `Slippy-

`Slippy- Member

If I want to make a specific object(weapon, scroll, etc) immune from NPC pickup, what do I have to do?

For example, this: 9364 obj_t_scroll

Also, is there a place that has all the flags you can use, and waht they do?

2. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

Currently in Shin's fixed protos.tab, OIF_NO_NPC_PICKUP is added to Col50 (Phalzyr's editor) for all appropriate items to prevent NPCs from taking them.

A comprehensive list of fields is given by Phalzyr here:
    http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?threadid=532

There hasn't been much work done lately on clarifying unknown fields of which there still are a number. If you would like to help in this regard it would be nice.

3. `Slippy-

`Slippy- Member

I see..is a .TAB Editor required, or can I use a generic program like Notepad?

4. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

IMHO, using one of the editors provided here is better. I'm using Phalzyr's currently. You can download it from the site. Get the latest version.
    Using Notepad is possible but I had one experience when the engine simply refused to read the files while loading and promptly kicked me back to desktop. Perhaps the fields were not aligned correctly when I was deleting stuff.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2003
  5. `Slippy-

`Slippy- Member

I see. Thanks for the help, I downloaded Phalzyr's editor and I am currently tweaking the game to my liking. It is indeed much better than NotePad.

Once again, thanks.

6. Phalzyr

Phalzyr Established Member Veteran

You're both welcome :D and btw anything I put on the thread I believe is in my newest version even some example codes for the fields.

7. sabin-x

sabin-x Member

im new... o_O
    let me guess at these.

i dont know if this is what you are looking for, but if not, just call me stupid and i start working on something else tomorrow.

does it glow when you're holding it outside of the inventory, such as a magical item would? if this is more than an i/o switch, there could be other effects, such as flaming swords, etc.

seeing as this is right below the domain for a cleric class type, i would guess that this refers to if a cleric can drop spells for either cure or harm spells (positive or negative), and blank probably means the character has no cleric class, and therefore cannot drop spells for cure/harm. (although it would be interesting to see what would happen if you turned this on for another class such as sorcerer or wizard).

i dont really have that much of a clue without actually playing with this one... from the looks of it though, it looks like a natural attack entry for monsters.

for example, mindflayers get 4 "1d4+str" tentacle attacks with +str to hit... which would equate to something like: (using the example of 16 str, with weapon specialization in "tentacles") 4/1d4+3/tentacle/5

Our Host!