NPC Item Swapping (Original Install w/o 1.0.0)

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Ro, Oct 2, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. Ro

Ro Member

I've noticed that at the blacksmith shop (the one that can cure light wounds) directly across the street from the Wench Inn in Hommlet, I've been able to swap items from my NPC's to my main char's.

Use one of your main char's to start conversation with the blacksmith, then switch over to one of your NPC's (I had Furnok and Spugnoir from the inn)... you should be able to move items from his inv to your's like he was just another PC.

I tried it at other smiths and shops but it only seems to work at that one particular smith. Weird. Someone try it and let me know if it's just me.

Just downloaded and looking forward to installing 1.0.0 :)

2. Xma

Xma Member

Always has been like this.

They're supposed to sell their loot, and unsold items would be swappable.
    For some reason, the first time NPC's show the smith their loot, he don't want anything of it, so you can swap anything from the NPC's pack....

But with the fix, you don't have to bother going back to a merchant ...

3. Ro

Ro Member

Ah.

I'm just going to install the patch and start all over. The further I get into the game, the more sick I get of annoyances like that. Maybe this patch will re-ignite my excitement over ToEE.

After Hommlet, it gets kinda 'blah', IMO. Stories and plots kinda just melt away...

Haven't had this much fun since BG1 & 2 tho, so I'm gonna stick with it.

4. Zardon

Zardon Member

I tried to trade out Elmo's magical Chainmail, shield, and battle axe. I'm still unable to do with with the patched installed. Is this correct?

5. Ausir

Ausir Beholder Overseer Veteran

You can't do it if they're equipped. Unequip them from him, and then drag them to your inventory in the merchant interface.

Our Host!