Search tool Bug

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by bribri, May 30, 2020.

Remove all ads!
  1. bribri

bribri Member

Hello! Hoping someone can help me with this so I can give this Mod a Try. Whenever I try to use the secret door search tool I get red text over my character saying "Wrong Alignment. Consult Manual" leaving me stuck in the starting area.

I got it from GoG so the proper patches are installed, moved the TOEE directory to C rather then program files as the guides here suggested, am using a rogue with max ranks in search, used the tool through the radial menu, am running windows 10, and installed the required Mods as far as I can tell. No idea what might be causing the problem

2. bribri

bribri Member

Got it working after! Made a full new party but changed the group alignment from chaotic good to neutral good. No idea why that worked but it did

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Because only certain party alignments are allowed in v1.0 (or 1.1 if you prefer). It's in the manual somewhere: I think it is NG, LN or NE for memory.

v2.0 such as it is, will contain the full alignment quests for LG and LE. The idea was that players didn't start with a small alignment aventure that had no bearing on the rest f the game (as per ToEE) but rather they all started at the Keep and play towards different, alignment-specific endings (for LG, LE, TN), or major plot threads that flowed through the game (CG and CN). I forget the others but they are written down somewhere :)

Our Host!