New spells

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Shiningted, Aug 29, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

That seems like a perfect entry level mod for a newbie modder like yourself to cut your teeth on.

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Well, I always achieved these things by going, "hey Allyx, can you please make scrolls and wands of this spell?" but it seems the cunning fella has pre-delegated otherwise.

Since this involves new protos in protos.tab, I will indeed do it in good time, when I do a roll-up of the current mods into an add-on as per previous. I'll get that started this week.

florian1 and Allyx like this.
  3. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

Thankee, Ted!

(And I've been occupied with certain other projects as of late, like applying for employment stuff.)

4. Endarire

5. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

I thought about making a new thread and then I saw this one. I've been looking through ToEE assets lately and I'm seeing a number of partsys and sounds that are there that are not being used in game. Particularly ones for spells that aren't implemented. I would like to get a list of such spells that were scrapped from vanilla toee to the point that we still have available assets to use for them, or even just spells that should have been in the base game but aren't. The hopes are that they could eventually be implemented into the game.

I'll start;
    Rainbow Pattern
    Pyrotechnics

Both of these have sounds and partsys existing, which look utterly fantastic by the way. Also, the spells themselves defined in the SRD are quite fun sounding and would be nice additions to the game. Pyrotechnics if implemented would probably be changed so you could just select any location to spawn it instead of a fire source. Not sure how the rainbow pattern would work since you can make the spell location move every turn.

6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Pyrotechnics looks doable (to some extent).

Rainbow Pattern looks difficult - ToEE's AI is not really set up to get hostile NPCs to follow a cloud around. Temple+ may do otherwise. Interesting idea though.

EDIT: You know, the 'Prismatic' this and that spells would be difficult too, but if we have the particles already done, maybe we should just invent a rainbow spell of some sort. Preferably one that fills a gap - does something different, maybe creates Umber Hulk style confusion? I don't know, but something that doesn something different.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  7. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

There are plenty of fire sources that would be appropriate targets for Pyrotechnics in the game. I think that restriction should stay. It's a pretty niche spell, really.

8. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

The problem with that is that AFAIK, what constitutes a "fire source" is just a permanent partsys that was spawned onto the map. I have no way of identifying these to make them selectable like I would critters or areas with spell selection.

9. Endarire

Allyx likes this.
  10. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Bummer that Winston...

Our Host!