Kickstarter for a game based on the 5e D&D SRD

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by _doug_, Sep 7, 2019.

Remove all ads!
  1. _doug_

_doug_ Established Member

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I checked this demo out a couple of days ago, it's really rather good.

3. daveyd

daveyd Member

Yeah I backed Solasta early on after trying the demo. It's already showing a lot of promise; if they were saying the game was coming out next month, based on the demo I could believe it was ready.

I am not very familiar with 5e and based on what I have been reading I think I like 3.5e a better but still very excited for this game as I am for Realms Beyond.

anatoliy likes this.
  4. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

After the Pathfinder game's ridiculous load times, I'm far more skeptical of these things now...

5. Allyx

The load time to start the game was pretty lengthy, at least on my PC, but between different game maps it wasn't too bad at all. Certainly not anywhere near as bad as Kingmaker's load times.

6. daveyd

daveyd Member

Hmm, I experienced pretty quick load times with the demo but I have a SSD as my main drive so that may have helped.

7. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Good data, if not enough to convince me to buy...

8. daveyd

daveyd Member

Well funding is well past the goal and 2 days left to reach stretch goals. Ranger class is now unlocked. Since the final 2 days are usually the biggest I'm hoping a few more can be reached, like maybe one more class. It's looking like there will be half-elves in the game.

9. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Holy crap, my account still works!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Just wanted to chime in that I also backed Solasta during the Kickstarter phase and Early Access through Steam starts October 20th.

They unfortunately can only use the SRD rather than a full D&D license, so there's a bunch of homebrew subclasses and the like to replace things not in the SRD, but so far I'm really excited for this one. In a lot of ways it feels like a spiritual successor to our beloved ToEE (turn-based, build your own party, faithful adherence to the current ruleset (in this case 5E.)

The EA will have all the planned classes (Cleric, Fighter, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Wizard) and races (Dwarf, Elf, Half-Elf, Halfling, Human) that will be available in the full release and will take you to level 6 (out of 10.) Sorcerer will also be available as a free DLC sometime after the full release.

They're a small studio (only 17 people) so it's not going to be a AAA release like BG3, but it also seems like it's going to be way more faithful to the D&D rules than BG3 is.

Shiningted, Allyx and _doug_ like this.
  10. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Hey dude! Good to see you back! :)

Kalshane likes this.
  11. Kalshane

12. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Awesome :) Dare I suggest, based on the first pic (and the name) that KotB may have been an influence too? Nice to know someone appreciates our work.

13. Kalshane

Could very well be. :)

14. Allyx

I bought Solasta, played a fair bit of the pre-release version and demo version, not played it since release... not played the new Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous video game yet either.

Our Host!