Zebedee's Step 6 question

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Eryops, Dec 31, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Eryops

Eryops Member

Great instructions up until Step 6:

First of all, .rar files aren't really 'installed'. Second, I have no idea where this 'stickied thread' is. If this is a vital step in installing the game to play fully optimized, then please make the instructions more clear!

Sorry if I sound frustrated, but I am - I've never attempted to play such an irritatingly buggy game, and I appreciate everyone's efforts to clean it up (which I give all of you extra applause for, as none of you are getting any monetary benefit from it). I hope all this effort has been worth it.

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Of course .rar files are extracted, but do you really expect us to say "extract the Co8 5.0.1 patch?"

The stickied thread you mention is, in fact, in the General Modification section of the forum, as is stated in the instructions you quoted above. I'll post the link here for your convenience:

http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3561

Gazing at the main page of the forum for a few moments will soon reveal that particular forum's location.

Now, I'm sorry if I sound frustrated, but understand that the level of sophistication of the majority of people who download our mods is not very great, therefore complex instructions (such as asking them to click on a link and then download another mod from the link they went to by clicking on another link) are not suitable.

Most people will never follow any instructions to read anything. Therefore, to spare ourselves the agony of answering numerous 'help me' threads, we make the download instructions simple and fool-proof. You click the link, and the download box magically appears. For those such as yourself, who seem a bit sharper and whom might actually read instructions, we trust in your greater brain power to be able to navigate the forums.

3. Eryops

Eryops Member

Gaear,

Thanks for your reply and pointing me in the right direction. Most of my frustration is coming from spending more time trying to fix the bugs in the original game than actually playing it. Now I think I'm on the right track as I've done the 5.0.1, 5.0.2, and 5.0.3 updates and gave it a quick whirl and all seems to be good (I can loot!).

I think the problem I had with finding these different forums was that I ASSumed that all ToEE related threads were found in: Circle of Eight Forum > Troika's Games > Temple of Elemental Evil. :blink:

My thanks again to the people involved with doing all this work. I'm looking forward to the beefed up version.

What else would I expect you to say? ;)

4. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Amended 'How To..' Post.

Step 1.

Make sure your house has electricity.

Step 2.

Make sure you have a Personal Computer (also known as PC for short).

:zap:

(only kidding. And the only dumb question is the one you don't ask.)

Our Host!