You now have to REGISTER to view the threads

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Sol Invictus, Sep 27, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sol Invictus

Sol Invictus Beholder Watcher Veteran

Yep. We just implemented this to the forum so we wouldn't get a damn freaking server-crashing batshit insane load of how shall I put this 'leechers' crashing the server every couple of minutes from the bandwidth hog.

It's an inconvenience but it's a necessity for now until we can relocate to a server which supports a higher bandwidth.

2. Nomad_Wanderer

Nomad_Wanderer Established Member Veteran

I can host the fan_Fixes if neccesary..

I'm not sure we want to force people to register to get the fixes.

3. Zan Thrax

Zan Thrax Member

I registered when I couldn't see any forums, but I think that some people will not realise what has been changed and assume that these boards have fallen down.

A message to that effect needs to be placed at the top level forum list page.

4. Mr. Underhill

Mr. Underhill The Keeper of the Arcane Toiletries

-nomad thats a good idea I don't think the fixes should be exclusive. Though the regestration to view the forums is a good idea, look at everyone browsing the forums roght now. :)

5. Ausir

Ausir Beholder Overseer Veteran

I'm posting the fixes at the main Circle of Eight site (which is hosted on a different server) too, so you don't have to register to get them.

6. Dan

Dan Brahmin Beholder Veteran

Don't forget that the forums are a part of the site hehe.

We have a download that already have a few things like the Brothel fix... And we'll add more as they get finished.

But I think the testing and work on the patches can be exclusive, and it's not really exclusive, but I don't see why someone would want to download an unfinished patch... If they want they can register and help.

Anyway, it sure as hell beats the alternative of murdering more innocent servers due to member load. :)

Our Host!