You guys rock!

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by hypnotist, Nov 11, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. hypnotist

hypnotist Member

When I first loaded and tried to play this game only one thing came to mind, "Well that was a bloody waste of time." With the Co8 patch you have turned a piece of carp into an awesome game. I'm a network monkey and not a programmer, so I could never have done what you accomplished. If the devs and pubs had people like you all on their staffs, maybe games would be shipped in a playable state, unlike most pc games <COUGH>Daggerfall<COUGH>. So kudos to everyone who helped out.

Dum Spiro, Spero
    The Hypnosist

2. auldian

auldian Member

Thank you all that have put your own time and effort into your mod packs and fan patches. It's made ToEE a source of much more enjoyment for myself and, I expect, many others.
    *cheers*

3. zodden

zodden Member

I agree

I tried to play this game last fall right after it came out and it was a source of great disappointment. I could see the potential of a great game that was stuck under all these bugs.

Now with Co8 and Temple.zip and 2 official patches the game is at a point that its almost where it should have been at release. Now its alot of fun. I see the numbers of people at the Atari forum, and always 3+ people viewing this part of this forum and I say to myself Atari just does not get it. They have a gem of a game on their hands and yet they choose to not support it. Such a shame

4. Carl Kolchak

Carl Kolchak Member

ToEE coulda shoulda

Yeah! Too right, the CO8 crew and their support rulz! I hope they are getting paid and the Atari developers are getting pink-slips! I'd recommend whacking Atari's QA staff, but I doubt they have one.

I picked up ToEE when it came out and played it for about a month, which I believe was a record at the time ;-) Until it got so horribly bugged-down that I could no longer take it. So I shelved it in disgust for awhile.

Lately, I cleaned out my shelves, and decided to give ToEE one more try with the new patches....same (worse) results!

Then I used CO8's stuff and it was muoy bien!

Now the game is more playable! I am having more fun with it, I've lost weight, made new friends and my teeth have never been whiter!

Thanks guys!!

5. Sapper_Astro

Sapper_Astro Established Member

Having only started playing recently, I have gotten into the early part of the temple.

No bugs, no problems whatsoever. Thank god i waited until you guys created these fixes, along with the temple zip. Big thanks to Steve Moret for continuing the bugfixes as well, Troika has a winner with him.

If this game is somehow easily moddable, I see some wonderful mods for this game. (I already hope to pique a techies interest with my idea for a Moria campaign, but will wait for the bugs to be completely ironed out).

In short, this game is THE BEST DnD base for gaming on an electronic format. It destroys NWN, and outdoes the BG series (though i still enjoyed them). I cannot believe how much this game has grown on me. two thumbs up!

Best of all, it has been made enjoyable by the Co8 gentlemen, moebius(is that temple fix guy?) and Steve Moret.

Greg

Edit: I am sure NWN is a fun game in multiplayer, however it lost much of its attractiveness in single player (of which i play only).

6. Jota

Jota Member

"In short, this game is THE BEST DnD base for gaming on an electronic format. It destroys NWN, and outdoes the BG series (though i still enjoyed them). I cannot believe how much this game has grown on me. two thumbs up!"

Thats what i think to. As a game NWN its a very good piece of software but as a D&D Game Toee is the one, well for me anyway.

7. Shamshir

Shamshir Member

Ditto

I would also like to take a moment to thank the people at Co8 for all the hard work they poured into this project. Their work is exceptional.

(I personaly think that Atari and Troika should have been the first to post on this thread, as well.)

Our Host!