XP query

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by kylan271, Feb 25, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. kylan271

kylan271 Established Member

:confused:I am not sure on the XP listings as shown in your 'Ego' Log entries. I do not know if anyone has noticed?

:thumbsdowI fought at the IR swamp for Grud and his fish and by the Log Book,recieved 31,570xps! I recieved about 29,000xpish for the Orc caves before. However I only recieve about 1/5th,having 5PCs and NPC Melaney-total levels 23. What gives???? And some PCs get less xps than others,but there is no multiclass xp penalties(I am careful with this)for any,so is there any bonus or penalties for any kills made,criticals,knocked unconcious etc???

The log book should list xps based on CR??? But perhaps there is a glitch and shows only at unadulterated xps(sans party CR)?

2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

I've never figured this out either, and I teach math. :p

3. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

It's part of the game-engine and nobody has a clue. The logbook is the same and never will be "fixed". Just ignore it.

4. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

As far as I remember, it depends on character level only. Lower-level charas will get more XP, so that they can "converge" up to the higher-level ones.

The dice roll window gives more accurate #s about the XP you get.

5. kylan271

kylan271 Established Member

I understand the CR as I played IWD2,but here the XPs listed in log book a way out of tune with what you get after a battle. I forgot about active window,mine was disabled,you are right it should be there-it is standard for AD&D PC games,but it is not prominant in this game,so i forgot. I hazard a guess it is pre adjusted Xps shown in Log book. :poke:

Our Host!