Wow what a cool game, just a couple of general questions though.

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by georgelappies, Aug 1, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. georgelappies

georgelappies Member

Hi all

I got my party and I am now on my way. Very cool game thus far.

Just a couple of questions:

1. Is their a button like in Icewind dale that you can press to highlight any and all objects one can interact with? I think it is the alt or the tab button in Icewind dale.
    2. I set my preferences to 6 characters + 2 NPCs however how and where do I add the sixth member to my party?
    3. Is there a way to force V-Sync to be on to eliminate tearing?

Thanks in advance :)

2. Spacy Cadette

Spacy Cadette Member

1) Tab
    2) Don't think you can (although I can easily be wrong). I think it is just a max of 5 PC's and as many NPC's to get you up to 8 in your party.
    3) no idea

3. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

The sixth (or additional) PCs won't show up at the bottom of the start screen, but they will be there when you begin play.

4. scramjetbooster

scramjetbooster Blasted Nerfherder

I think you can set that in your video card control panel in windows.

5. BenWH

BenWH BGPHughes

If you forgot to add the 6th PC at the start, go to the inn and click on the little open book on the bar. You can then create and add a character as normal. As Daryk said the PC won't show up at the bottom when you add him in the gen screen, but when you go back to the game, he will be there.

6. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

You need the Co8 TOEE front end installed to alter your PC count prior to starting up the game software 'proper'.
    Welcome on board

7. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

If you're referring to looting the bodies of the vanquished any body with a blue outline still hasn't been looted. If for some reason you can't click on the body just wait a few (game) days- the body will disappear leaving behind any goodies (any coin, potions or gems carried will usually be under any gear that might have been worn). Enjoy....

8. blakdeth

blakdeth Member

One thing to be wary of is killing baddies behind obstacles (walls, trees, etc) or in water, where you can't properly see them.
    It can make locating the lootable corpse rather difficult, and sometimes impossible.

Sometimes you just have to stay back and let them come to you (using ready vs approach in the combat radial menu) or back up and draw them into better viewing terrain.

If you haven't done it already, I suggest a thorough reading of the "I never knew I could do X" thread.
    A lot of neat tricks to make the game more entertaining or less tedious.

9. georgelappies

georgelappies Member

Thanks for all the advice guys. I don't know how I managed to miss this gem of a game when it was released.

As I never played the vanilla (and I see it is not recommended to do so due to all the bugs) I don't know what is new content created by the talented people of co8. That being said I just want to extend my sincere gratitude for all involved in creating this mod. It is awesome.

10. BenWH

BenWH BGPHughes

Another useful tip if you don't already know it, which will save you a lot of pain, is to assign hotkeys. You do this by opening the radial menu, hovering over the command you want a hotkey for, then pressing ctrl+ the hotkey...

11. scramjetbooster

scramjetbooster Blasted Nerfherder

^Didn't know we can do that! The way I did it was pressing ctrl+[key] so that it would bring up the radial menu. Thx for the tip.

12. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

5-Foot Step is the best hotkey use IMO

Our Host!