WotGS:Defender's Quest not firing

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by maalri, Jan 26, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. maalri

maalri Immortal

So... got the quest. Waited around a couple of in game days. Left to do Hickory Branch and that took a few in game days, came back to Homlett, waited a few more in game days and...

Nothing happens.

I did get the Scarlet Crusade revenge random encounter on the way back from Hickory Branch, which went very weird in it's own right.

The SC people poisoned me, then I picked off a couple, they ran, I slept, I guess, the screen went black, then I woke up paralyzed, and thank St. Cuthbert that my Brown Bear companions were not paralyzed, because they finished off two attacks by one SC person each...

So, anyway, am I missing something on the WotGS: Defender's quest?

Isn't it supposed to happen in Homlett? Nobody seems to be coming...

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Have you checked in with the town elder?

Was another adventurer there?

You should have met a fella in the town elder's house that describes what is going on and he gives you instructions on how to further the quest along.

A side note; always check back with him at night. ;)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  3. maalri

maalri Immortal

Ah, I DID check with him in the day, but I don't believe at night. I just stood around and made some random screen changes, as in from North Homlett to South and back.

I shall do this.

4. maalri

maalri Immortal

The issue seemed to be that I didn't go back and talk to him again at night.

I actually did leave and spend many days in and out of Homlett, but then- per Sirchet's instructions above- went back at night to talk to Ariakas a second time and lo and be hold the Rhyming guy was there and the battles immediately started.

But if Gaear had planned for that to fail if you left in between talking to Ariakas the first and second time, then that is not working.

Anyhoo, I am having fun killing Hextorites now! :)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

It fails if you leave after the attack starts IIRC.

6. maalri

maalri Immortal

AH, that makes sense.

I guess if you visit the guy at night it starts pretty much immediately, but if you visit in the day you have all the time in the world to do other things, until you visit him again at night.

7. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

If you visit the elder in the day time and talk to the adventurer there he gives you instructions once he's recruited you team.

Going back at night is when you may meet another person who might come across as kind of creepy and who also starts things up.

Our Host!