WotC and Comic-Con

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ManosFate, Jul 25, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. ManosFate

ManosFate Rot Grub Host

I just returned from Comic-Con at San Diego. For those who have not been there, it's not all about comics or illustrators - many of the booths/exhibits are related to art, gaming, TV or Movie promotions and all kinds of other subjects.

So, as I looked through the guide I was saw that Wizards of the Coast had a booth this year (I can't remember if they'd had one last year or not) so I went by for a visit. I actually accidentally had walked by it earlier for while it was a medium sized booth (by non-major exhibitor standards anyway) all it had in it was about 4 standing kiosks for playing Magic The Gathering - it was completely Magic the Gathering focused. I don't believe they even had their Wizards of the Coast logo anywhere.

While I'm sure they have a larger D&D presence at other events (e.g. GenCon) I was surprised to see they didn't even have any token elements of D&D there.

2. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

I think that's why the one guy there stabbed the other guy in the eye with a pen. Also, I understand from others on the forum that WoTC sold dungeons and dragons to Hasbro, who is currently running it into the ground.

Our Host!