World Creator 2.5 a true Isometric Mapping Software

Discussion in 'Maps, Textures, and Graphics' started by Ax Thrower, Jan 26, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

Well after a lot of searching it appears that we have found an inexpensive isometric mapping software World Creator 2.5 http://www.inet2inet.com/
    (only USD $60.00) :doh:

Both Krunch and I have looked into it deeply and we both now have a copy to start working with it. Also to my understanding Krunch has spoken to the author of the software, explained our needs and he is willing to help us out by working out the details to create what we want and write them up. The software is easy to use and anyone would be able to make maps based off of the items already included in the package.

Here is a quick building interior (without the additional tweaking) to give an idea of the perspectives generated.:largeclap :largeclap

Attached Files:

• test.jpg
      test.jpg
      File size:
      24.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Nice work men!

As I said to Krunch, I wish we had a slush fund to reimburse you guys. But we don't. :D

3. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

Last edited: Jan 27, 2007
  4. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

Maggit,
    You're right... I think Krunch and I were trying to not invest any money. It came down to the fact that we could create some awesome layouts but could not get the angles right... so we took the plunge into the ICY Waters and are moving forward...

Now I do have a lead on a isometric mapping program that the programmer is supposed to send me a demo copy, if it works then it could be used with the freeware version of the World Creator and others would not need to spend the money...

5. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

I have played around with World Creator, but was put off by how obvious the use of tiles is on some surfaces, such as floors and ground. Perhaps there is something in the software I missed to correct this, or perhaps the maps can be edited afterwords to remove this effect.

6. krunch

krunch moving on in life

There is a vast difference between the freeware 1.5 version and the pay for 2.5 version.

7. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

with the 2.5 version you are able to extrude the tiling textures to create a a seamless effect, and they also use a standard .bmp file, so if there is a texture that you like then you can use it as well, just save it in any of the texture folders.

8. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Demo or freeware/shareware versions of quality software most always leave out some fundamental function whose absence will make you want to get the full version. It's part of the plan. The old free lunch adage is true; if you want quality, you're gonna have to spend some coin. I say bravo to Ax Thrower and Krunch for doing just that. :thumbsup:

9. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Re: Map Post-Production Crash-Course

Actually, last night, I spent 4 straight hours in World Creator. So, after 4 hours of working on it, I believe I have successfully made a few new textures for me to make charred looking burnt wood. Now, I am hopeful to make ground tiles and partial wall tiles to look like what is left and remains of a 'charcoal blackened' partial building.

[EDIT]
    Plus, I also made what is a rough looking texture for dark wood, medium wood, and light wood to make new wood floor and wall tiles.

I will go back to where I was at Sunday morning. I will lose about 16 or 17 hours of work; however, it will not be a total loss. I already have several objects made and I know more about the direction and amount of what I want to accomplish. I will only have to do a certain amount of new work where I will not have to reinvent the wheel, so to speak. The difference is on Sunday morning I started working on a new area of map making. Since, I have already walked that distance and charted a course. This is fine tuning of the work effort.

Last edited: May 1, 2007
  10. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Yay, I made some big rocks in the WC 2.5++ program! :D

I made and modified my own ISO extruded bump mask and, along with some textures, I was able to make big rocks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 5, 2007
  11. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Krunchy, can you make a rock-fall? To block a passage etc?

12. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Sure, let me know some information for the final picture of the rocks after the rock slide should kind of look like, i.e., all big rocks or all small rocks or a combination of big and small rocks, the same color or about the same color (and the color you want, too), and whether clean or dirty looking.

13. Cuchulainn

Cuchulainn Windmill Tilter

Those looke bloody good Krunch. With the possible exception of the top left one, they have a very convincing natural look.

Cuchulainn.

Our Host!