Wonnilon treated unfairly?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by blackwind, Apr 17, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. blackwind

blackwind Established Member

Not sure if this is a bug, a weird occurance, or scripted(coded?). Anyways, Wonnilon had died in one of the temple battles. I exited the templed and traveled bacl to Hommlett so Terjon could raise him from the dead. As soon as I get to another encounter(either random or a "planned" encounter) He says farewell if you had treated me fairly I would of stayed or something like that tries to steal (gold?) from my party and leaves. If I just dismiss him from my party and then go back to the temple and recruit him again he says he has better things to do.

Now, I do have humbled NPC's on but I forgot to put it on after he was in my party and looted some gold which I took back. I'm absolutely sure that his death triggered this because he didn't do his speech on the next encounter after I put humbled NPC's on.

At any rate has anyone seen this before? Right now I'm inclined to think that if Wonnilon dies and is resurrected he leaves the group.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

If you remember, he said he would join the party if they helped him get his gear. If you leave without getting it, he will run off on the next map. Thats what his file says anyway, it may have bugs in it.

3. blackwind

Interesting.

I got his gear on the first floor but not his crossbow or scroll yet. I reloaded it back to a previous save before he died and he hasn't left yet.

More curious if someone else seen him do this before or not than anything else.

Ted, thanks for looking to it.

4. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

I can only confirm that he does get pissy with you if you leave dungeon 1 without giving him his backpack, dagger, and armor.

5. Avatar_do_Grafite

Avatar_do_Grafite Established Member

See?
    Is becose of this that I believe in the sage words of my father: If is dead, is dead!
    Dont bring the dead back to life! Let they goooooo!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  6. blackwind

Lol. Everyone loves a gnome.

7. Avatar_do_Grafite

Avatar_do_Grafite Established Member

Re: Armario Assassination Quest question

Gnomes are cool!
    Gnomes play an excelent role as wizards, druids, clerics and even rogues. And a rogue/fighter like Wonillon is not more than a improved rogue!
    (at least in a strategy game)
    But, if someone dies, well, use the save or just let it die well!

Our Host!