Wizard

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Naughtydread, Jul 1, 2019.

Remove all ads!
  1. Naughtydread

Naughtydread Member

I am interested in making an evocation wizard. Could anyone suggest some possible combinations that work with the game?

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Combinations of what exactly? Spells? Feats? Opposition schools?

3. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

The first time I beat the game was with a party of all Wizards spamming magic missile and fireball.

Menen likes this.
  4. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

Evocation is reasonably strong in this game, because most things respond to HP damage. Magic missile (and quickened magic missile) are legitimate choices at high levels if you want to chip away damage from foes with DR, Fireball is the spell you know and love from your first ever tabletop game at 5th level, and Cone of Cold is a solid area-effect direct damage spell. I think there are 'fog' spells for battlefield control. Conjuration, Transmutation and Charm are probably the remaining schools with most utility, though Charm can largely be replicated by Bards. Abjuration can be covered by divine magic. Feats: Crafting, spell focus and penetration, improved initiative, metamagics later on.

Our Host!